Proposal: LA/PIT

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
To PIT: Doughty
To LA: Karlsson and one of Yager or Pickering

The Karlsson experiment hasn't worked in Piitsburgh. The Pens still want to contend, and could use some snarl on the back end. LA adds offense on the back end, a solid prospect, and saves a mil per against the cap.

• Wow
Reactions: Play

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Doughty for Karlsson?
It would be entertaining. Not really sure the direction the King's are headed. Do they show up & skate, or get run out of the building & rebuild?

Could see the King's being interested in the Pens backup, if the King's actually make the playoffs.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Why are the Penguins adding a recent 1st round prospect to make a lateral move at best? Yes, Doughty is a more physical/defensive D than Karlsson is obviously, but you don't pay a 1st round prospect for that swap.
Was Neal for Hornqvist a lateral move?

Sonetimes its about the mix. Pens are easy to play against right now.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

The Karlsson experiment hasn't worked in Piitsburgh. The Pens still want to contend, and could use some snarl on the back end. LA adds offense on the back end, a solid prospect, and saves a mil per against the cap.
Pittsburgh easily reject this trade

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
karlsson can bring back a package of futures the Pens need in a rebuild. Adding another high cost D man on the decline is stupid.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

What? lol f no.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I kind of want it just to see what happens on this forum

but in reality no it dosn't even make sense for LA, with Roy likely skipping town and LA with two young OFD in Clarke and Spence, they'll need the shutdown-leaning guy that can play top comp on the right, even as he ages.

Reactions: YP44

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I could see a three way involving Roy+ for Karlsson with retention, RHsD for RHsD. But not Doughty. Despite his decline, Doughty is still a contributing defenseman that can't be spared.

Technically Roy is too, but there's a good chance we won't be able to re-sign him (maybe Pittsburgh can, I can see a 5th rounder for exclusive rights to negotiate).

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
If we were trying to tank then I'm all for acquiring Karlsson. He's arguably the greatest Tank Commander of the 2000s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad