La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Sandro Ramirez was dangerous all match.

What a waste by Barca. Kameni saving that Suarez chance early on was huge.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Great job Neymar... but that same foul was committed in the box on Gomes in the first half not called.

What foul? When Gomez watched the Messi-through ball and the Malaga dude ran in front of him?
That's not a foul.
(if we're talking about the same one)

Reffing was classic La Liga rubbish though.

Malaga should've been 2 up if not for the weak offside call.
And Barca should've had a penalty after a (blatant) foul on Sergi Roberto - but the ref made it into a foul outside the box.

All in all, Barca did another "Deportivo" game, where they paid for a short bench.

Madrid can sit out the front 6 and they'll end up with Kovacic, Isco, Vasquez, James, Morata and Asensio.

Barca never sits out MSN and if they sit Iniesta and Rakitic you have a midfield of Andre Gomes, Denis Suarez and Turan - maybe S. Roberto if he's not playing RWB...

Messi did everything he could vs Malaga (perhaps should've left FKs to Neymar while Neymar was on), but the rest were sub-par (except Umtiti, he was great).

Neymar and Luis Suarez acting like petulant kids when things don't go their way certainly doesn't help Barca.

That's the biggest difference right now, between Real and Barca.
Starting 11 is the best two teams in the world, very little to choose from.

But Madrid has a longer bench, and Barca are struggling on rotation.
Its no coincidence they finally started looking better after Iniesta's latest injury and Rakitic's contract negotiations over and him and Busquests returning to form.

And the only bad games since then have been coming when 2 of those 3 guys were being rested or suspended.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can't say the ref cost us the points, but tough to tell with the missed red cards, the both penalty call and the timing of the missed calls. Of course Malaga should have had another goal as Penaranda's goal was onside. Still with the order who knows what the result might have been. Either way it was an absolutely disgraceful performance from the ref.

Andre Gomes should never wear the shirt again. Dreadful player. Denis Suarez needs to go too. He really shouldn't be in the team much less wearing the "6". Umtiti on the other hand is excellent. Thrilled we signed him.

What foul? When Gomez watched the Messi-through ball and the Malaga dude ran in front of him?
That's not a foul.

Malaga should've been 2 up if not for the weak offside call.
And Barca should've had a penalty after a (blatant) foul on Sergi Roberto - but the ref made it into a foul outside the box.

All in all, Barca did another "Deportivo" game, where they paid for a short bench.

Madrid can sit out the front 6 and they'll end up with Kovacic, Isco, Vasquez, James, Morata and Asensio.

Barca never sits out MSN and if they sit Iniesta and Rakitic you have a midfield of Andre Gomes, Denis Suarez and Turan - maybe S. Roberto if he's not playing RWB...

Messi did everything he could vs Malaga (perhaps should've left FKs to Neymar while Neymar was on), but the rest were sub-par (except Umtiti, he was great).

Neymar and Luis Suarez acting like petulant kids when things don't go their way certainly doesn't help Barca.

That's the biggest difference right now, between Real and Barca.
Starting 11 is the best two teams in the world, very little to choose from.

But Madrid has a longer bench, and Barca are struggling on rotation.
Its no coincidence they finally started looking better after Iniesta's latest injury and Rakitic's contract negotiations over and him and Busquests returning to form.

And the only bad games since then have been coming when 2 of those 3 guys were being rested or suspended.

The Gomes play he's referencing is likely that play. While I don't think it was a penalty either the player didn't just "run in front of" Gomes.

As for the bench argument, while I don't disagree, what do you suggest they do? They tried to sign better players than Alcacer or had them in the past, but those players didn't want to sit on the bench. Pedro left for more playing time. Sanchez left for more playing time. I think Deulofeu should have been given a shot, but Munir did little to impress and Sandro never put in the sort of performance he did today. So up front it's a bit of a tough ask. In midfield I agree, but there's more to it than that. Cesc left for more playing time. Thiago left for more playing time. Roberto is there, and made a big impact coming on today and very clearly wasn't "sub-par", but with no other healthy RB (though Palencia could arguably be called up) they rest him. Rafinha is an option, but now he's out for the rest of the season. Again though, who do they sign? I think Alena should be playing right now and I would have held on to Samper, so for me it's an issue of not using the canteranos. Madrid are lucky they have unambitious players like Morata, Kovacic, Isco and Rodriguez who seem happy to collect a paycheck for the rotational appearances they make.

Again, while I agree we have a shorter bench, that's not the difference right now. The difference is, and today's match aside, clearly the refs. That's been obvious for months.

As for Neymar and Suarez, Neymar is the one who did something and the ****** ref never called anything that went against him. He was fouled well after the ball had left early in the match, no call. Sandro slid through him on another play, no call. He was fouled way off the ball on the play where his header went over the bar, no call. And Suarez while not great did amazingly well on that early chance that Kameni saved.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The Gomes play he's referencing is likely that play. While I don't think it was a penalty either the player didn't just "run in front of" Gomes.

Can describe it anyway you like, but on no planet is that a foul.
Blame Gomes for basically not doing ANYTHING after a superb ball from Messi.

Madrid are lucky they have unambitious players like Morata, Kovacic, Isco and Rodriguez who seem happy to collect a paycheck for the rotational appearances they make.

Lovely little veiled insult lol...

I can't speak for their ambitions, I don't know them (neither do you, for that matter).
But whatever their ambitions are, they're quality footballers - that remains the same, regardless of how you coat your feelings toward them.

Again, while I agree we have a shorter bench, that's not the difference right now. The difference is, and today's match aside, clearly the refs. That's been obvious for months.

That's "obvious" only to a Barca fan. To any neutral, a game like yesterday or vs Depo the other week is a sign they need a stronger bench. No Iniesta, no Rakitic = no midfield.

Much like it was "obvious" only to Barca fans that the ref didn't help them vs PSG.

That's some textbook witch hunt material there, Barcelona (or Real, for that matter) fans crying how they're being done in by the refs.

Like yesterday, when the assistant coach was sent off after Barca players and staff got into officials' faces after the first goal.
Laughable.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Neymar probably would get more calls if he didn't try to buy 32483948239 of them every game with his diving and constant whining. Complaining the refs are not giving Neymar the benefit of the doubt is like complaining that Steve Downey was targeted.

They both brought it on themselves.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Neymar probably would get more calls if he didn't try to buy 32483948239 of them every game with his diving and constant whining. Complaining the refs are not giving Neymar the benefit of the doubt is like complaining that Steve Downey was targeted.

Basically, yes.

For every call he or Suarez don't get, there's 2 others they cheat out of the ref.
They're not alone at it, don't get me wrong, but they're the most obvious examples.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's not a foul.

- It was a foul Gomes was day dreaming but the defender clattered into him without attempting to play the ball. It was body check not shoulder to shoulder.

- Agreed, on the bench argument I've mentioned it previously too.

Andre Gomes should never wear the shirt again. Dreadful player. Denis Suarez needs to go too. He really shouldn't be in the team much less wearing the "6". Umtiti on the other hand is excellent. Thrilled we signed him.

Agreed Gomes but Denis is fine. I did/do find him overrated by some but as a bench player he's fine. Forced to start and should start more due to Gomes/Turan terribleness.

Basically, yes.

For every call he or Suarez don't get, there's 2 others they cheat out of the ref.
They're not alone at it, don't get me wrong, but they're the most obvious examples.

So, how does that explain Ronaldo, ADM and co?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
:laugh:

Can describe it anyway you like, but on no planet is that a foul.
Blame Gomes for basically not doing ANYTHING after a superb ball from Messi.

Like I already said, I don't think it's a foul, but that's based on how that ridiculous rule is often called. However that very clearly wasn't what I replied to. Read my post, again, assuming you bothered the first time. I said he didn't just "run in front of Gomes" like you said he did, and he very clearly didn't. In fact watching it again, and the commentary I'm seeing is saying it's open for debate and refers to it as a "body check", Rosales clearly plays Gomes and not the ball first as he takes him out of it.

I also blame Gomes who, again if you actually read my post, blasted for his performance that play included.

Lovely little veiled insult lol...

LOL. Nothing veiled about it whatsoever. Furthermore I didn't intend it as an insult but rather a matter of fact type statement. Love little overreaction on your part though. Considering the players in question I can't imagine why.

I can't speak for their ambitions, I don't know them (neither do you, for that matter).
But whatever their ambitions are, they're quality footballers - that remains the same, regardless of how you coat your feelings toward them.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at the bolded part.

Obviously they're quality footballers. Did I say otherwise? My point still stands.

That's "obvious" only to a Barca fan. To any neutral, a game like yesterday or vs Depo the other week is a sign they need a stronger bench. No Iniesta, no Rakitic = no midfield.

Plenty of neutrals know it's obvious. As for your take on the bench, still doesn't change the fact that it's not the reason the league table doesn't look different. And yesterday's match does little if anything to prove your point considering the ref's influence and Malaga's performance.

Much like it was "obvious" only to Barca fans that the ref didn't help them vs PSG.

I don't know any Barça supporters that said that the ref didn't help against PSG.

That's some textbook witch hunt material there, Barcelona (or Real, for that matter) fans crying how they're being done in by the refs.

Well if you actually pay attention to the league, watch a lot of the matches and know the rules then textbook fact.

Like yesterday, when the assistant coach was sent off after Barca players and staff got into officials' faces after the first goal.
Laughable.

Not really sure your point with that one, but no, like yesterday when Malaga should have had multiple players sent off. Camacho alone should have been sent off on at least three different occasions for yellow cards. When Barça should have been awarded at least one penalty and could have easily been awarded another.

Lol #10 not giving a f... about playing some D at 1:00

https://youtu.be/XKvlTDMca0U

Yeah, in what minute was that? Who else was between he and the attacking player? Iniesta, who was fresher than Messi didn't track back either and Alba didn't react seriously enough. To actually single out Messi is just stupid. I mean can you imagine if you were a Madrid supporter? What would Ronaldo have done? Can you imagine if he did that in a CL Final against Barça and they ended up losing? Oh wait...

funny-cristiano-ronaldo-statue-fail-33-58dcc00c785ef__700.jpg

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Plenty of neutrals know it's obvious. As for your take on the bench, still doesn't change the fact that it's not the reason the league table doesn't look different. And yesterday's match does little if anything to prove your point considering the ref's influence and Malaga's performance.

I'm not sure what you're saying, that the refs were somehow responsible that Barca lost vs Malaga?

Aside from the fact that Malaga had a goal disallowed for no reason, Barca should've had a pen on Sergi.
Other than that, I'm not sure what Barca can complain about.

And much like people tried to explain to you on the Verratti example in the PSG game.
Saying Camacho should've been sent off because he made 3 challenges that could've been booked, is not how football - or life - works.
It's logical and safe to assume that he'd have changed his game after the first booking.

I can agree he could've or should've gotten booked at some point, but I assume (as would anyone reasonable) that he wouldn't be committing similar challenges from then on.

And the Malaga game is EXACTLY an example of Barca's weak bench costing them points.

Here are their 4 losses this year, Lucho did some rotations:

For Alavés he started with almost an entire B team (only Rakitic and Neymar from the first choice XI).
Against Celta he started with a midfield of Busquets, Arda, and André Gomes
Against Depor he rested Umtiti and Rakitic (even though the international break was coming up) and put the not-particularly-defensively-minded Jordi Alba on the left of a back three. And he started Gomes.
Against Málaga he started a midfield of Gomes (him again), Denis and Busquets.

The Iniesta-Rakitic axle was barely ever present in those game, and the other Barca midfields respond horribly to being pressured.
You replace Modric and Kroos with Kovacic and Isco.
You replace Iniesta and Rakitic with Gomes and Denis.

And you're telling me the refs are the difference?
Refs somehow cost Barca points in those 4 losses?

Please.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Barcelona have had zero penalties given against them in games that they have dropped points in this season, and Neymar was the first time they have been reduced to 10 men.

They have failed to score twice in almost 37% of their matches this season, including a third of their games against teams in the bottom half of the table. Compared with Madrid who have failed to score twice in only 20% of their games, and only once to a team outside of the top 6.

But yes, referees... not their inconsistent goalscoring.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Neymar suspended 3 games?

I think all the talking to the refs added up (and not some conspiracy)

It should have been 1 game imo I want both teams with all their players for El Clasico

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Neymar suspended 3 games?

I think all the talking to the refs added up (and not some conspiracy)

It should have been 1 game imo I want both teams with all their players for El Clasico

2 games.

One for the sending off and one for unsportsmanlike behavior on the way out (sarcastically applauding the ref).

Noone to blame but himself. Both bookings were textbook stuff and he had nothing to complain about.

Same as Bale vs Las Palmas... You can deflect blame and look for scapegoats etc., but ultimately, as they say, a just society rests on the concept of personal responsibility.

Like Bale vs Las Palmas, Neymar has noone to blame but himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->