La Liga 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Hahahaha, always enjoyed the technical aspects of La Liga even though the refs were terrible. VAR has helped those problems though by a lot. Yeah Messi has been ageing, as I said last year or it was two years ago he wasn't better than Kane. Of course Wayne Gretzky was a PPG player when he retired likewise with Sakic. The best players will always produce even when they're clearly slowing down.

Meh, if he was the best player they wouldn't have lost due to a miracle comeback by Liverpool. That wouldn't have happened to a CR7 team, that's for sure. Or are we giving him another free pass like all the Argentina fans conduct the same aspect for him here even with all the lack of production by him on the international stage?

Go and troll Chelsea fans, jeez

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Now for something that actually is worth the time Villarreal/Granada is just insane. Wonder what happened to Caseres not even on the match squad tonight? @Vasilevskiy has he dropped that much?

I knew he was relegated to the bench in the 2nd half of last season but damn what a fall

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That wouldn't happen to cr7 team... a team comprised by players from a nursery beat his team. He is better than Kane like its not even a discussion.
What do you by nursery beat his team? Uhhhh, yes Kane was better. First off, let me say that in respects to Harry, he doesn't come close to Messi's career and even talent level. Messi will go down as one of the best players of all-time and probably one of the best athletes of all time due to his talent level and pure skill he possesses. But Harry Kane was better than Messi two years ago and there is no argument there.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What do you by nursery beat his team? Uhhhh, yes Kane was better. First off, let me say that in respects to Harry, he doesn't come close to Messi's career and even talent level. Messi will go down as one of the best players of all-time and probably one of the best athletes of all time due to his talent level and pure skill he possesses. But Harry Kane was better than Messi two years ago and there is no argument there.
Sure thing. Sometimes its better to laugh and move on than to argue with someone without a clue.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sure thing. Sometimes its better to laugh and move on than to argue with someone without a clue.
Kane better than Messi? :laugh:

Come on.
Statistically, Messi was the better player, but Kane did more with less than Messi able to pound four goals against the likes of Malaga, Las Palmas, Leganes, Granada, Gijon, Girona, Rayo, etc., with Neymar and Suarez by his side.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Just finished watching the Valencia-La Real game and Odegaard looked like the best player on the pitch.

Between the performances of him and Ceballos, Madrid have a lot to look forward to next season.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ceballos played great against a very likely to be relegated Newcastle and another poor side in Burnley.

He didn't do anything great with Real Madrid when he did play, and the key to playing for a great team is consistency. It isn't just turning up for two games here and two there. If you want to make it to the top you need to have 30-35 games of the same performance level every season.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ceballos played great against a very likely to be relegated Newcastle and another poor side in Burnley.

He didn't do anything great with Real Madrid when he did play, and the key to playing for a great team is consistency. It isn't just turning up for two games here and two there. If you want to make it to the top you need to have 30-35 games of the same performance level every season.
Yeah, pretty much. You need to do it week in and out this is why couts was such a pointless, stupid and reactionary buy

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, pretty much. You need to do it week in and out this is why couts was such a pointless, stupid and reactionary buy

Cou never did it week in week out either. A lot of people like to talk about how great he was for Liverpool. Yeah, he was great if you watched 20-23 of the league games. The players that fans talk great about now are great a lot more often than that. The other ones he was absolutely dire or average. When he was at his worst, which is way worse than he's played for Barcelona even, he was unplayable in a top flight game. In his last full season, Mane was actually a lot better than him until he got hurt. A lot of people think a great player is the guy you watch have some good games every time you turn on the TV, but it's the player who has them even when you don't.

Ceballos, I mean, who knows? It might turn out that he has a strong performance in 20-30 games or so. You do have to account for some of the opposition though. Smaller teams in England do have a little quality, but it's almost all up in the forward lines. The midfielders he played against the last two games are dead dog terrible. To play at a team like Real Madrid, you have to bring it against Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, Liverpool, Atletico, PSG, City, etc. The expectation is to win the Champions League so the player has to be strong against all those teams. What happens against your Burnley's and Osasuna's matters but doesn't matter that much in comparison.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Cou never did it week in week out either. A lot of people like to talk about how great he was for Liverpool. Yeah, he was great if you watched 20-23 of the league games. The other ones he was absolutely dire or average. When he was at his worst, which is way worse than he's played for Barcelona even, he was unplayable in a top flight game. In his last full season, Mane was actually a lot better than him until he got hurt. A lot of people think a great player is the guy you watch have some good games every time you turn on the TV, but it's the player who has them even when you don't.

Ceballos, I mean, who knows? It might turn out that he has a strong performance in 20-30 games or so. You do have to account for some of the opposition though. Smaller teams in England do have a little quality, but it's almost all up in the forward lines. The midfielders he played against the last two games are dead dog terrible. To play at a team like Real Madrid, you have to bring it against Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, Liverpool, Atletico, PSG, City, etc. The expectation is to win the Champions League so the player has to be strong against all those teams. What happens against your Burnley's and Osasuna's matters but doesn't matter that much.
Oh I agree couts was never consistent which is why I brought him up.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Oh I agree couts was never consistent which is why I brought him up.

Well, I just mean in the sense that people were talking about how they were excited when there was talk he would be loaned to them, talking about what he could do in the league. In Germany anyway, I don't know, he could actually be consistent in every game. The problem is that the average player there is strong in the tackle. There's a better chance than in England though. We already know what he can do there, Liverpool struggled to finish fourth with him in an important role and he had some bad games.

We'll probably have this discussion again as there's no way Bayern will pick up his buying option.

I just don't know why anyone would think Ceballos is top club material after those two specific games.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, let us all blame it on the coach. Not that Barcelona are overrated or anything like that.

How is it that Real won? I thought they and Zidane sucked? That’s what i’ve read during preseason.

As a Madridista, I am VERY happy with the results this weekend... but it is matchweek 1, let's not draw any premature conclusions.

Reactions: les Habs

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
These Valverde talk make me think. Why is Barcelona with all their money and reputation cannot bring Pep Guardiola home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad