La Liga 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I’m just going to stick to the match for now, but some more to clean up in this thread later on.

I was pleased with the first half and parts of the second. We were clearly the better side today. While I’d prefer some more chances created and some better ones, they still were creating. You have to consider the context though. Suarez out (though working hard to come back) and Dembele our. We lack serious width which is really making things difficult. You’d be seeing a much better side with some quality wide players.

@Savi you are dead wrong about the passing. It’s improved greatly and there was plenty of forward passing in this match. The problem is no width and the lack of a striker. Braithwaite is a striker, but he wasn’t played as such. Either way there was plenty of quick passing and forward passing.

@Duchene2MacKinnon you can see above as to the lack of chances. Still there were some and Setien isn’t the problem.

if you want to dump on Setien then do it right and go after his selection because then it will look like you know what you’re talking about.

Not the best from Messi again. Pique was immense and it’s mind-boggling how underrated he is. His yellow card was bullshit. De Jong had a very good first half and a good match overall, but more on him tomorrow.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I’ll address the whole Sarabia issue as well. Absolute nonsense that it’s an issue at all. The word from. The players make it seem like they didn’t take issue, but if they did they can f*** off. Sarabia did his job and they shouldn’t have apologized whatsoever. Sarabia is exactly what this team needs and any player who has a problem with him can join Valverde wherever the f*** he is.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
@Savi you are dead wrong about the passing. It’s improved greatly and there was plenty of forward passing in this match. The problem is no width and the lack of a striker. Braithwaite is a striker, but he wasn’t played as such. Either way there was plenty of quick passing and forward passing.

Tell me you don't agree, but don't tell me I'm dead wrong because that's just not true. You're generally more optimistic in your match reviews and even when they play terrible you always seem to find some silver lining, I commend you for that, but I can't anymore, something is broken.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Tell me you don't agree, but don't tell me I'm dead wrong because that's just not true. You're generally more optimistic in your match reviews and even when they play terrible you always seem to find some silver lining, I commend you for that, but I can't anymore, something is broken.

You are dead wrong because you said "every single player" which isn't true.

Like I said, we're lacking any real width and it's going to affect the way the team plays.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
As for Valverde being better than De Jong, that statement is still laughable. It was really laughable when it was first made as De Jong was clearly having the better season and it's laughable now because essentially their respective seasons are level, and that's with De Jong being played out of position way more often than not. On top of all that De Jong has had the better career thus far. None of that is to say that Valverde can't be better in the future, but as of right now there's nothing to it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well its about to end.

i dont see how this is going to get better in 2 weeks

They're not going to cancel leagues over this is the thing. They'll suspend them until the virus is 'contained' or at least at a level that is generally manageable by the healthcare system before resuming though. 2 weeks is not likely to be that timeline but they're likely just going to keep revisiting until they see what they need to.

H1N1 in 2009 infected millions of people and killed in the hundreds of thousands. I think the reaction here is much more extreme in an effort to stop that kind of outbreak especially since COV-19 seems to be more acute.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
At this point its baseless speculation... I dont think anyone has an idea as to how bad this virus is going to get and what would be the ramifications. RIght now though its not looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad