La Liga 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Impressive win. On a meaningless sidenote, it's also good to see that Messi shaved off a bit of that ugly beard.

You have no taste :)

As Barca was in the ropes again for a while, Messi did it again. And contrary to the above opinion, that shaved beard does look better :nod:

How serious is Pique's injury, hopefully he won't miss the Clasico.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Didn't see the match, but Messi steps up again on the big stage. Suarez set him up, but Messi makes it all look so easy. He's scored that goal plenty of times before too and yet they can't defend it. You even know where he's going to place the shot. Sounds like a good match for Ter Stegen as well. While I wouldn't say he goes unnoticed, he certainly doesn't get the coverage he should. And speaking of the big stage, Ter Stegen has shown up there a lot as well. Just can't help but think that while he was rated before we signed him, he wasn't rated as highly as he's proven himself to be. Zubi must have seen something.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Watch Barcelona win the treble this season due completely to Messi and MAtS.

Well that won't happen, but if it does more players will have stepped up. Sounds like Pique had a good match today for example. We just need a new manager who can get more out of this team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well that won't happen, but if it does more players will have stepped up. Sounds like Pique had a good match today for example. We just need a new manager who can get more out of this team.

I agree, and I’d have this Barcelona team as the favorites to win the Champions League because they can win in two ways. I’m not kidding when I say Messi with a little help from ter-Stegen could be enough. Every other team needs to win as a team.

But Barca gotta get de Jong and Griezmann going at some point this season. The two big signings haven’t been up to the expected level. That makes a huge difference. Getting Umtiti and Alba fit, as well, will be vital. Biscuits and Suarez will also chip in when the games become more important because they’ve been there and done that, despite falling off a little in recent seasons.

If they even get a few contributions from other players, other than those two, they’ll be the big favorites to win the UCL this season. I think La Liga will be wrapped up soon enough because Real Madrid is weak this year. The two English teams could pose a threat in the UCL, but I thought both were stronger last season than this season. It’s a weak UCL year, in my opinion, which will work to their advantage.

It’d be a shame if Barcelona wastes what probably will be the last peak season or two of Messi’s career. If someone could do it, I wouldn’t put it past Valverde. With a good coach, this Barcelona team would be the clear best in the world with the pieces they have and the level Messi is playing at this season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messix

Not that anyone cares about this anymore but the best of all time wins his trophy. After the stupidity of last season this one tastes a little better than usual. But we all know Kaner is better

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Didn't see the match, but Messi steps up again on the big stage. Suarez set him up, but Messi makes it all look so easy. He's scored that goal plenty of times before too and yet they can't defend it. You even know where he's going to place the shot. Sounds like a good match for Ter Stegen as well. While I wouldn't say he goes unnoticed, he certainly doesn't get the coverage he should. And speaking of the big stage, Ter Stegen has shown up there a lot as well. Just can't help but think that while he was rated before we signed him, he wasn't rated as highly as he's proven himself to be. Zubi must have seen something.

Ter Stegen MOTM, without him no matter Messi scoring that goal we would have lost.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I agree, and I’d have this Barcelona team as the favorites to win the Champions League because they can win in two ways. I’m not kidding when I say Messi with a little help from ter-Stegen could be enough. Every other team needs to win as a team.

But Barca gotta get de Jong and Griezmann going at some point this season. The two big signings haven’t been up to the expected level. That makes a huge difference. Getting Umtiti and Alba fit, as well, will be vital. Biscuits and Suarez will also chip in when the games become more important because they’ve been there and done that, despite falling off a little in recent seasons.

If they even get a few contributions from other players, other than those two, they’ll be the big favorites to win the UCL this season. I think La Liga will be wrapped up soon enough because Real Madrid is weak this year. The two English teams could pose a threat in the UCL, but I thought both were stronger last season than this season. It’s a weak UCL year, in my opinion, which will work to their advantage.

It’d be a shame if Barcelona wastes what probably will be the last peak season or two of Messi’s career. If someone could do it, I wouldn’t put it past Valverde. With a good coach, this Barcelona team would be the clear best in the world with the pieces they have and the level Messi is playing at this season.

De Jong has been very good.
Griezmann has been misplaced on the pitch in almost every game, typical Valverde.

No way we are Champions League favourites over Liverpool.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
xPts has Barca at like 6th in the table last I checked. They're paper tigers IMO.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
De Jong has been very good.
Griezmann has been misplaced on the pitch in almost every game, typical Valverde.

No way we are Champions League favourites over Liverpool.

Liverpool isn’t as good this year as last year. They are going to start dropping points soon, and they aren’t even through yet to the next round. They could definitely lose in Salzburg, and be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad