La Liga 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
La real running riot now... Betis somehow worse defensively and worse going forward this season. Poor guys such a promising project.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Very happy with the performance away at Eibar. Post international break at a difficult away ground with altered travel plans due to everything going on would in the past spell doom. However the team put in an excellent performance. Full credit to Eibar for their first half performance. The first half was a great advertisement for football and La Liga. Both teams played with a real intensity which could be seen both in their pressing as well as in their passing. Second half Eibar simply didn't seem to have the stamina and throughout the match their quality of chances was a bit lacking. Either way they gave us another tough away fixture at Ipurua and hopefully this is just a blip on the radar for them as they seem to be getting their season on track.

Really liked the chances we created in this one. We could have had a few more goals, but just generally the creativity was there and it came from multiple players. I'll say it again, but De Jong has just slotted in seamlessly, something that he's made look a lot easier than it is, and had a few highlight reel plays in this one. Really have to give Lenglet credit. One of his best performances yet for the club and he was a real leader at the back with Pique not playing. Semedo came and put in a really good performance in the second half and he looks to be at hist best since joining the club. I'm probably most pleased with Griezmann's performance. He really was starting to link up with Messi and the rest of the offense. Made a nice run for his goal despite the defender slipping, set up Messi well on the second goal and put Messi through perfectly on the third goal.

Griezmann's performance brings me to what I should have mentioned last week. Of course preseason has had an effect on this team. It's not the only issue, but very clearly was going to be an issue and I mentioned it regarding Messi well before it was being discussed generally. Messi missed nearly the whole of preseason which was going to be an issue. It was going to affect players perhaps none more so than Griezmann. Even the pros of preseason like Umtiti and Dembele reporting at the beginning were cancelled out by their injuries. At the end of the day much ado about very little was being made of the club's early season form.

Not happy about el Clasico being postponed considering the team's form. I'd even be for it being played at a neutral venue to get it in. It's going to benefit Madrid more than it will us.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sounds like the B team needs an enforcer as well. Apparently Puig is getting the **** kicked out of him. The number of players going at him in the 93rd minute of the win against Orihuela was ridiculous and from what I can tell the ref could only be arsed to give a yellow on what was a clear challenge meant to get more than the ball.

As I was saying... Now this past weekend he's been injured by a challenge that got the opposition player sent off but that also injured Puig. Fortunately it doesn't sound too serious. Here's a still, and note the time on the clock.

15715101446807.jpg

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well it sounds like Puig isn't injured after all now. That's great news, but this targeting of him needs to be dealt with.

Saw a Fati sign in the crowd at Ipurua. Now reading that before the match a bunch of kids were waiting to take pictures with him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barca twitter was all over this... at one hand they want to develop players to have a real shoat the first team and another they went him out of that league and out on loan. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barca twitter was all over this... at one hand they want to develop players to have a real shoat the first team and another they went him out of that league and out on loan. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

This was in one of the papers a couple of days ago. I think it's a difficult decision to make considering the situation. Vidal, Rakitic and especially Alena are already struggling for minutes which considering the "starting midfield" as it is now isn't a surprise. So that leaves even less room for Puig. That said you've got rumors of Rakitic and Alena both leaving in January which would change the situation. I think we'll have to wait and see how the situation evolves as there's a lot of time between now and the January window, but I wouldn't be against him going out on loan. It seems to have worked well for Odegaard even if it's taking him years to get to the Madrid first team. The key is just finding the right loan fit where he'll get minutes and hopefully play in a similar system.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Two footed scissor tackle and he still wages his finger in disbelief it got called a foul... should’ve been sent off. Ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad