La Liga 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I don't think there's any argument against Barcelona being the most successful team of the last decade.

Again, I think "decade" is a pretty arbitrary thing to define it.

In the last 8 years, since the Pep years - when they clearly were head and shoulders above anyone else, their results in the CL (again, the ONLY best-on-best competition, where you can't win a title by being inferior teams more consistently, you need to have a higher peak):
1 Win
3 Semis
4 Quarters

I'm sorry, but that's not the record of a team that's "CLEARLY above everyone else" in an era.

Not for me anyway.

I will say their record in the CL in the last 10 years is CLEARLY second best to Madrid. Both in titles and consistency.

But Madrid have the negative of only 2 La Liga wins in the last 10 years.
(total trophy count is closer because of all the Supercups and Cups which IMO are almost irrelevant in the big picture)

So, depends how you look at it.
I think it's silly to say either team has CLEARLY been this and that, "not even close" and all that internet jazz.

It's debatable. But Barca's CL record for a team of their quality and having a Leo Messi on it leaves a lot to be desired in the last 8 years.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That is decent by Ødegaard :nod:
The meg, the pass and the way he receives the ball is so smart. What a midfielder he is turning into. Many people starting to clamour for him being the best young player in Europe this season and while I don't watch every league and every game I can see it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The meg, the pass and the way he receives the ball is so smart. What a midfielder he is turning into. Many people starting to clamour for him being the best young player in Europe this season and while I don't watch every league and every game I can see it.

MARTINEZ

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest he's the best midfielder in La Liga atm (after Santi). I would like Arsenal to sign him or Ceballos permanently next season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest he's the best midfielder in La Liga atm (after Santi). I would like Arsenal to sign him or Ceballos permanently next season.

Ødegaards «ukjente» side forbløffer: – Ekstremt

Apparently he has also won possession more in the opposition 3rd than any other player in La Liga. The kid is dynamite. Imagine him playing in the midfield behind Mane - Firmino - Salah........

That said Madrid is not letting him go any time soon.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

I see that and I see Iniesta. Unbelievable.
Madrid's not selling this guy. Odegaard will make Isco expendable though, he is the one leaving.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. He covers 12-12.5k in games. Actually the first thing that really caught my attention watching him live last winter. His energy level both pressing and ability to join the CA late in games is extraordinary.

I was a bit disappointed with his development for awhile. I even argued Norway had better talents than him - might not be of that opinion now :) Even if there is actually a possibility that Norway will have more than one world class player 3-4 years from now - and it is not given that the best one will be Ødegaard, but still clearly most likely.

No-one takes Isco over Ødegaard these days. Ødegaard is everything Isco is and more. Even if I expect Ødegaard to slow down a bit he still offers more than Isco just because of his fitness and work ethic. When Isco is off he is a liability. Ødegaard isn’t.

Good luck to Eriksen finding a new team. Maybe Real Sociedad could use him next year?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not a bad mid table match... barca are matching Getafe blow for blow, if barca continue like this they may achieve top 6.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barca are very boring right now. 90 minutes of eye bleeding football. MAtS was MOTM which tells you everything along with his assist.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I thought this was a decent game, especially when you compare it to the Granada, Osasuna and Athletic games because those were TERRIBLE

Today though they at least created enough chances, against a usually verry stingy team. However with games against Inter and Sevilla coming I'm just happy with the win

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Why did João Felix join a team coached by Simeone? why? gonna be bored to death watching them because of him. Real dominated the first half, but no incisiveness. Hazard looks fat and confused.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Barça may be less than impressive so far but really so are these two teams

Also these derbis use to be war, wtf happened. Such a mellow game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->