La Liga 2019/2020 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Lol why the change of heart? Finally realized the boy is good?

Semedo can kick rocks. If he's released tomorrow, I wouldnt bat an eye.

I never said he was bad. Overrated doesn't equal bad. Anyway, I think he might be a realistic target that makes sense. Pushes Alba and knows the league. Like I've been saying, a league win would be great this season. The Copa as well? Even better.

Releasing Semedo would be incredibly stupid. He's a solid-good RB and he's on really low wages. Of course we can improve on him, but not a lot of realistic targets from what I can tell. Mendes is another snake in the grass if you ask me, but if we can get something good for Semedo then so be it. However I'm not against dumping him.

Valencia still have some quality should be safe from relegation. Always thought that was a bit hyperbole. The league itself looks poor tbh.

It was definitely hyperbole. The reactions after some of the sales... They sold some important players, but they still have plenty to work with if they have a good enough manager.

Interesting that he was preferred over soler

Soler isn't that great.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Pjanic and Todibo trained with the team today. Pjanic will be presented tomorrow. Glad to see Todibo back. Hopefully he gets some preseason minutes, but he might not be match fit for Girona.
  • Not sure if it's just speculation from his playing time against Nastic, but apparently Koeman trust in Alena. He's never been given a real shot and he is versatile. I'd like to see him in the squad to start the season.
  • Still seeing a rumor that Bayern want Pedri on loan, but apparently the club isn't planning on loaning him out.
  • Barça will play Elche in the Gamper this season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

says they’re 90% there the deadline is today. Dont is saying they need less than 1K signatures. This will go down to the wire. Gonna give me a heart attack

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sounds like the kids are playing really well today. Can't wait to get home and see the full match. Like what I'm seeing with the goals too, like Trincao's run that Messi brilliantly picked out.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Puig is insane... what a pass to Firpo of all people.

Sadly I dont envision Puig ever scoring a single goal in his career. His shot power is appropriately -1. lol

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I preferred the performance against Nastic, but still some positives:
  • Araujo looked really good. Very calm, composed and looked like a veteran. If we can get rid of Umtiti and keep Todibo I think we're good at CB for the season.
  • Puig again the biggest standout for me. Kid absolutely must be a starter.
  • Trincao also needs to start. Again, you can see that he's really an intelligent player will pick out fullbacks, midfielders or strikers making runs.
  • If it could work, Messi playing centrally would be nice. I think we need more width on the wings and I don't think we can rely solely on the fullbacks. Trincao and Dembele should both play out wide if Messi can work in the middle.
  • Better from Coutinho, but again just a hard fit. Konrad came on and looked more dangerous out wide (thought the kid looked good again). Again, I'd really try and offload Coutinho.
  • Griezmann put in the work, but again just not the right fit. Another player I'd try and offload.
  • Team generally moves the ball much quicker. Pressing is better, but IMO still some work could be done there.
Saw this during half time and loved it:

I think this clip captures it better though:

@Duchene2MacKinnon The future!

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad