La Liga 2019/2020 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He wasn't better than van Persie. Or Suarez in that last season. Or Rooney as much as that's funny now.
From 2011-13 he was the best player in the PL over that span. In 12/13 he was unanimously voted by the players, fans and FA as the best player in the league and brought that form over to Real Madrid. A lot of revisionism with Bale involved, IMO, but yeah I don't think anyone's going to change their minds here so his accomplishments will have to speak for themselves.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
From 2011-13 he was the best player in the PL over that span. In 12/13 he was unanimously voted by the players, fans and FA as the best player in the league and brought that form over to Real Madrid. A lot of revisionism with Bale involved, IMO, but yeah I don't think anyone's going to change their minds here so his accomplishments will have to speak for themselves.

That's a rather arbitrary three year period where the team the player was on didn't win anything. And it's not like that was a bad team or something.

Also, FWIW, Bale won one of those POTY year awards in 2011, van Persie won two of them. van Persie won all of them in 2012. So, no, I can't agree with him being the best player for those three years at all.

I won't delete the above but I badly misread something. van Persie did win the Golden Boot the last two of those years though.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I wouldn't say that is like and you still misquoted me which you disputed doing.

I added “like” before the quotes to show that they weren’t going to be exact quotes. Regardless, even though the two sentences aren’t word-for-word the same, they still carry the exact same meaning so now you’re just being disingenuous.

Anyway, I’m off to YouTube to go learn about this Garrett Bail guy.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I added “like” before the quotes to show that they weren’t going to be exact quotes. Regardless, even though the two sentences aren’t word-for-word the same, they still carry the exact same meaning so now you’re just being disingenuous.

Anyway, I’m off to YouTube to go learn about this Garrett Bail guy.

Yet you said you didn't misquote me and said it wasn't in response to my post. And no, for me they don't carry the same meaning.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's a rather arbitrary three year period where the team the player was on didn't win anything. And it's not like that was a bad team or something.

Also, FWIW, Bale won one of those POTY year awards in 2011, van Persie won two of them. van Persie won all of them in 2012. So, no, I can't agree with him being the best player for those three years at all.

I won't delete the above but I badly misread something. van Persie did win the Golden Boot the last two of those years though.
Not sure why what the team did overall, and it wasn't a great team, has to do with how good Bale was. The period isn't really arbitrary given that's when Bale rose to prominence, became the players PotY in 10/11, and then voted PotY across the board in 12/13 before moving to Real Madrid. What's arbitrary about it?

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Makes Sarri's defeat vs Lyon palatable since he lost on away goals. The good news for Barcelona is that there is no second leg.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pretty shameful stuff on sport website. Par for the course the past year or so. Trying their best to drag the players down as subtle as possible. This no doubt is bart’s doing. Homer needs to get his hands on him again.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Pretty shameful stuff on sport website. Par for the course the past year or so. Trying their best to drag the players down as subtle as possible. This no doubt is bart’s doing. Homer needs to get his hands on him again.

Barca fans should do what Palermo fans did after the directors "filed the wrong paperwork". Get those Molotov Cocktails ready!!!!

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Not sure what they did but it's time to take ass and kick names.

That's the spirit!

It first started when the directors filed for bankruptcy. Palermo was docked a ton of points. Then when it was time to register the team for Serie B, "wrong paperwork" was filed along with what I believe is failure to provide proper insurance. The insurance part I am not 100% certain what was wrong with it. Palermo fans decided to riot. The fans threw Molotov cocktails at the headquarters. The directors had to run out through the "back doors".

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's the spirit!

It first started when the directors filed for bankruptcy. Palermo was docked a ton points. Then when it was time register the team for Serie B "wrong paperwork" was filed along with what I believe is failure to provide proper insurance. The insurance part I am not 100% certain what was wrong with it. Palermo fans decided to riot. The fans threw Molotov cocktails at the headquarters. The directors had to run out through the "back doors".

Seems like a reasonable response LOL

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Madrid need a right wing player.

21207856-0-image-m-22_1574179822056.jpg

In all seriousness, if they can't get Mbappe' or Sancho they should Asensio the reigns and let Rodrygo compete for minutes. Rehabilitating their LW might be more of a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->