La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wow...what a goal from Messi lol perfect volley. Nice cross in from Rakitic, too, but damn what a finish.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pique should be on a yellow for that pullback. EDIT: nvm he got the yellow

Barca having real problems handling Promes and Yedder.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Barcelona completely fell asleep there...they thought the ball was out (or maybe they thought it was offside? it was neither)...and D2M's favourite player scores.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nah they showed the replay...there was a Sevilla player offside but not involved in the play.

The announcers seem to really like Promes haha, very nearly gives Sevilla the 3-1 lead at the end of the 1st half. What a game so far.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
They could fire Valverde at halftime and I'd have zero problems with it

It's like how many consecutive games now they're playing like utter shit

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I checked the scoreline at about the 60th minute or so and figured they'd only get a draw at best. Fantastic result. Can't wait to see the match.

Sevilla is one the top four if not the top club Messi has scored against in his career.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was also looking for it in the papers, but couldn't find it. Now I did. 44th club career hat-trick for Messi.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
bd2c49bb-9969-437d-a35b-36c11b4f0cc7-jpeg.19816

Jul 7, 2009
I checked the scoreline at about the 60th minute or so and figured they'd only get a draw at best. Fantastic result. Can't wait to see the match.

Sevilla is one the top four if not the top club Messi has scored against in his career.

Yep. He has 36 goals in 35 games against them. Next closest is 28 goals against Atletico in 33 games.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barcelona completely fell asleep there...they thought the ball was out (or maybe they thought it was offside? it was neither)...and D2M's favourite player scores.
He scored two more.

Sucks Im missing all these wonderful performances but like Said Barca's offence is solely on Messi the rest just aren't up to snuff.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well the best performance from the team in a few matches now. Full credit to Sevilla who were up for it (they owe us). They've been tough at home of late, but I never had the feeling we were out of the match. Of course watching it after the fact and knowing the scoreline might make on think that would be obvious, but the way the team played I didn't think they were troubled.

To touch on Messi's performance, his giveaway after a forced pass attempt led to the first goal. I really had the feeling that he wasn't happy about that and his reply was superb. Of course he wasn't done there. His second goal he deserves more credit that just the goal though. He was pressing the keeper when he made a poor clearance and the goal was the result.

Really happy with the performance and the result going into the Copa Clasico. Hopefully the energy and pressing is indicative of what we'll see there. Hopefully Valverde now has a clear understanding of who should play in that match.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
It may have been the best performance in a few matches, that doesn't mean they played well, and I honestly don't understand how you can say "really happy with the performance" because for 60+ minutes they played pretty bad. Really soft defence again, lazy backtracking, no creativity in midfield, nonchalant passing resulting in so many giveaways, Coutinho and Suarez being invisible for most of the game etc. If it wasn't for Messi doing Messi things, or if he would have been absent, this would have probably been an easy 3-0 Sevilla win. First goal came out of nowhere, after Sevilla already had a couple of good chances on counter attacks, and when Messi scored his second it was basically our first chance in the second half as well. Now, I do believe from that point on we were in full control of the game and the final 25 minutes were better, with Dembele and Alena adding much more than Vidal and Couts did. In the end, it's a great result I'll give you that, but in no way should anyone within the team be happy with the overall quality of their game yesterday.

Also:

:D

Reactions: Vasilevskiy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad