La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Going to be a pretty grueling February. Valencia on Saturday, then Madrid for the Copa, and away at Bilbao next weekend. Valladolid at home in between and after that we're at Lyon (CL), at Sevilla (Liga), at Madrid (Copa) and 3 days after that Madrid again (Liga).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Santi with a goal and assist. It was a mistake letting him go this year. He would be our best player.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I'm baffled by these Spanish refs getting so many narrow offside calls wrong. If it's close, let them play, and use VAR to call it back if offside.

There was a play in the Madrid-Alaves game that had Benzema and Bale both through on goal on a 2-v-0 and it was called offside.
Which it wasn't. Why not just let it go and use VAR ffs...?

And that's just an example.
VAR in the WC (mostly) worked. (obligatory f**k Pitana)
VAR in Bundesliga and Serie A mostly works, for example.
VAR in La Liga is complete chaos.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm baffled by these Spanish refs getting so many narrow offside calls wrong. If it's close, let them play, and use VAR to call it back if offside.

There was a play in the Madrid-Alaves game that had Benzema and Bale both through on goal on a 2-v-0 and it was called offside.
Which it wasn't. Why not just let it go and use VAR ffs...?

And that's just an example.
VAR in the WC (mostly) worked. (obligatory f**k Pitana)
VAR in Bundesliga and Serie A mostly works, for example.
VAR in La Liga is complete chaos.

VAR in La Liga is not complete chaos. What you're asking for isn't a bad idea, but that doesn't mean VAR has been bad and what you're asking for is more about application than execution. It certainly hasn't had an impact on the title race.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I hate for him to miss out on a Classico but Messi should sit this out one out. Come off the bench later in the game if Barca is losing or in need of a goal

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Dammit, was really hoping to watch this game, but it's not on any of the channels available here. This most recent crack-down on streams really pisses me off. I have satellite and pay for the best sports package available, but sometimes there's just no legal way to watch a game in a given market. The whole rights industry can go to hell

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
This game lacked the quality and intensity of a Liga clasico. End product of both teams just wasn't very good today.

Malcom with a strong showing though. Nice finish on the goal as well.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Bale is trash

He was always trash... Guy has had the luckiest career next to ZZ.

This game lacked the quality and intensity of a Liga clasico. End product of both teams just wasn't very good today.

Malcom with a strong showing though. Nice finish on the goal as well.

I'd say it heavily lacked quality but not intensity. At least not for me or the fans at the Camp Nou.

The game died when Messi came on tbh. He was awful. Should've stayed on the bench.

1-1 on the road, I'll take it.

No matter manita away is even better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad