La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Captains of all teams meeting today to issue a delcaration against the US games (also apparently late starts and Monday and Friday games, which I think weakens their argument a bit)

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Captains of all teams meeting today to issue a delcaration against the US games (also apparently late starts and Monday and Friday games, which I think weakens their argument a bit)
Yeah I really don't think they should have to have domestic league games in the US.

Jul 7, 2009
Marca/Cadena SER reporting La Liga has asked Girona to play their home match vs Barcelona in the states.

They are owned by the same group that owns City, and NYCFC.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm totally against having league matches or any other competitive matches in the US or anywhere else for that matter. Apart from looking for a cash grab, I don't think it benefits the league. If people aren't watching La Liga now a league match isn't going to change that.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why in the world would Girona play arguably their biggest home game of the season in another country :huh:
Because they're sugar uncles said so... probably.

La real up 2-0. Despite Leganes controlling Possession and Theo Hernandez playing like a crack head.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Barcelona starting to miss on some quality chances.

Atleast one side of the field will be fine to start the 2nd half.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
That is one super tight offside call on the injury time would-be equalizer for Valladolid.
Even after the replay I'm not sure of it - arm looks offside, but the arm doesn't matter. Or shouldn't.

Either way, mostly dull game on an awful pitch. Seriously, worst pitch in a top league I've seen in a while.
I'm sure Barca will be glad to be done with it, chalk up the 3 pts and move on.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
TV guy said they set up the green 4 days ago and couldn't figure out why.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If people aren't watching La Liga now a league match isn't going to change that

Agreed. I think the only way it would have an impact if it was a marquee match up but that would just cause so many issues with the Spanish fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad