La Liga 2018-19 Part II

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
DC doesn't have a problem with Valencia's traditional bat logos they have a problem with this new design:

valenciabat_1296x.jpg

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
They have. They sued them years ago already for using the bat.

Again, even back then, DC had no problem with the traditional Valencia crest, they felt that the new, "modernized" bat design Valencia was planning on introducing, was too similar to one of their own designs.

4234815-8719136394-valen.jpg

Some of the previous posts make it seem like DC has a problem with Valencian clubs using any sort of bat designs in their branding.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Which is ridiculous. Valencia can use whatever bat they want. Heck, they used a bat before DC Comics ever existed.
They already made a fuss in 2014 and now again in 2019.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Which is ridiculous. Valencia can use whatever bat they want. Heck, they used a bat before DC Comics ever existed.
They already made a fuss in 2014 and now again in 2019.
But if a specific bat graphic design is the intellectual property of DC, it doesn’t matter that they used a bat before and Valencia can’t use whatever bat they want.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How is the graphic the intellectual property of DC?
Look at the different graphics used by Valencia over the last 20 years.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How is the graphic the intellectual property of DC?
Look at the different graphics used by Valencia over the last 20 years.
I’m not the one to say whether it is or isn’t. But if the new design is close enough to a trademarked design of DC, then it doesn’t matter if Valencia used a bat before.

Think of it this way. Imagine I’m a company that makes cleats. I’ve done this for a hundred years, before Nike even existed. But Nike makes and releases their new Tiempos. If I make a cleat that either copies or is close enough as to confuse the reasonable average consumer, I can’t claim that it’s okay because I made cleats before

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah no problem, I get your point, but mine is that Valencia has used plenty of templates over the years. Some would argue DC took some from them in fact.

Reactions: Patito

Patito

Dec 8, 2009
Valencia
Let DC continue with his nonsense. Valencia CF has an important game this weekend agaisnt Sevilla
By the way, the bat shit is very good as a fertilizer for crops :) :) :)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Let DC continue with his nonsense. Valencia CF has an important game this weekend agaisnt Sevilla
By the way, the bat **** is very good as a fertilizer for crops :) :) :)
Also one of Ace Ventura's favourite treats.

Reactions: Patito

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Don't know what happened to Coutinho this season compared to the way he played last season, he's such a non-existent player in the final third. He didn't play all that well for Brazil over the break either.

Must be something psychological for him, at the moment Barcelona can afford to keep playing him in these league games until he finds his place in the system, I guess.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The issue is that he doesn’t appear to be even trying or caring that he’s playing like shit. Walking all over the pitch, no emotion no hustle just going through the motions. I say bench his ass for players welling to work

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Unbelievable FK from Messi, wow.

The issue is that he doesn’t appear to be even trying or caring that he’s playing like ****. Walking all over the pitch, no emotion no hustle just going through the motions. I say bench his ass for players welling to work

He looks a little bit better in midfield right now, but I agree, he doesn't have the right mindset at the moment.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
need to give him confidence

Again he’s not putting in the necessary work to warrant this loyalty.

Unbelievable FK from Messi, wow.

He looks a little bit better in midfield right now, but I agree, he doesn't have the right mindset at the moment.

A bit

But Lenglet has tremendously improved since the start. The guy has been something special today and the past few months.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Malcom gets a chance to play and he makes a difference again. Valverde about to bench him the next month

But seriously, I hope he's given more of a chance to impress, he's an obviously talented forward and has got a great attitude despite the circumstances.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Malcom gets a chance to play and he makes a difference again. Valverde about to bench him the next month

But seriously, I hope he's given more of a chance to impress, he's an obviously talented forward and has got a great attitude despite the circumstances.
I agree that he should get more of a look and he has a positive attitude but honestly I have yet to see why fans are hyping him up. He's had some nice moments but some fans are acting like he's the next big thing.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

And Barca are asking 70M for him :laugh:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Easy win and definitely a toned down derby match today. Result was correct, but we should have had a couple more at least.

A lot of fanfare about Messi's freekick, but I thought his second was better. He makes it look so easy. Definitely Man of the Match.

Very happy to see Malcolm get those minutes. Very clear he should be starting, even on the left. He won't score as many goals from there, but he's got pace and can set up other players.

Coutinho wasn't bad. Clearly looked better when he dropped back after Malcolm came on. As I've been saying all season, he needs to play deeper. Problem is there's a lot of competition for a place there.

Really like how Semedo got forward in this match. He's capable of it and really needs to do it more. Again, something I've said for a while.

Another good outing for Lenglet. It's not just his defensive play that's gotten better either. His overall game is getting better. Very nice competition for Umtiti at the moment.

That leaves Rakitic. What to do with him? So much competition for places next season, he might want more money, would probably be a good time to cash in on him and yet I feel they simply can't let him go yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->