La Liga 2018-19 Part II

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Was tough watching that Barcelona - Eibar game, another game where they had a tough time with the opposing team's press, but another game where Messi saved the day. Valverde needs to go

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Barca line up for the final

MATS, Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba, Busquets, Roberto, Rakitic, Arthur, Coutinho, Messi

Valverde..

JXevUrz.gif

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What can you say other than Valverde is a moron. Malcolm should be in that starting lineup. And I think it's Cillessen starting.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
After that CL embarrassment and many, many boring Liga games I'm at a point where I don't even care anymore if they win or lose the Copa. I'm just so fed up with Valverde and his complete lack of tactical knowledge. Whats his plan for tonight? "Lets just put twenty midfielders in there and leave Messi alone up front he'll just win it for us"

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I'd honestly just put Pique at centre forward with Messi behind him. No joke and I can't believe that has never been tried yet

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Last 20-30 mins were better. But if you have to play like absolute dogshit for an hour an be down 0-2 before you wake up, thats on Valverde once again.

Congrats to Valencia though. Fantastic images of Marcelino as well.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hard to tell because twitter isn’t always accurate of course but multiple sources say Valverde will resign

Jul 7, 2009
Tonight, Lionel Messi had a usage rate of 30.83% against Valencia. This means that 31% of Barcelona's possession ended with him.
This number is amongst the highest ever recorded since the metric has been in development.

Post I saw on reddit.

Patito

Dec 8, 2009
Valencia
Last 20-30 mins were better. But if you have to play like absolute dog**** for an hour an be down 0-2 before you wake up, thats on Valverde once again.

Congrats to Valencia though. Fantastic images of Marcelino as well.
Thanks buddy
IMO man of the match Coquelin

Reactions: Savi
Jul 7, 2009
Five former and current La Liga players have been arrested along with the president of Huesca for match-fixing

The current and former players are Raul Bravo, Borja Fernandez, Carlos Aranda, Samu Saiz, and Ingio Lopez.

Marca is saying Raul is the ring leader.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It happens more often than people are comfortable with admitting. No one likes to accept that the sport they love so dearly is sometimes a scam. Soccer is probably second only to boxing in terms of fixed, or influenced results.

Reactions: Chimaera
Jul 7, 2009
Marca also said that the Valladolid game vs Valencia is under suspicion as well. The clubs are not thought to be involved but rather the players.

They also said that the bets on the game were more plentiful than usual.

Borja who was arrested was also one of the starters for Valladolid and it was his last game as a professional.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Hard to see Martinez leaving the Belgium job with the EC coming up next summer

I'm not sure Martinez is a better coach than Valverde, however, Barça will be way more fun to watch.. but might lose more games

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Marca also said that the Valladolid game vs Valencia is under suspicion as well. The clubs are not thought to be involved but rather the players.

They also said that the bets on the game were more plentiful than usual.
Many people think that matchfixing is mostly at the hands of governing bodies (UEFAlona, UEFAdrid etc) but it’s almost always from the hands of the crooked portions of the gambling community.

The higher up in prestige that the league or tournament in question goes, the more difficult (and unlikely) the fix becomes but as Declan Hill did such a good job illustrating in his book ‘The Fix’, most often its lesser players involved (if not refs) in lesser tournaments. They’re often targeted as early as u17 tournaments before becoming established pros with threats to family and loved ones etc. And, often when they get you, it’s hard to get out from under their gangster grip. Stephen Appiah, who captained Ghana at the 2006 World Cup has spoken about this publicly and has even alluded to thinking (although even acknowledging that he couldn’t prove it) that members of his team sold a loss to Italy in that World Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->