La Liga 2018-19 Part II

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Malcom’s looked good here, he’ll do well in whatever club he gets sold off to in the summer. Hoping they keep him though, along with not playing Coutinho as a wide player/winger anymore

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Valencia jump ahead of Getafe to 4th place on H2H as Getafe lost to Barca. Sevilla keep their hopes alive with a draw at Atletico but they need a lot of help

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
A Sevilla win on the final day, combined with a Getafe and Valencia draw, would see all 3 finish level on points. No idea who gets CL then though.

I watched about 20 minutes of Barça-Getafe today, then I turned it off. Honestly didn't feel like watching anyway but here we are. After Tuesday's fiasco you'd think they want to make something right for the fans, and really go for it.. nahh.. I think the first 7 or 8 minutes they just passed it around on their own half. When after 20 minutes still nothing was happening I just turned it off. I'm not watching this nonsense.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A Sevilla win on the final day, combined with a Getafe and Valencia draw, would see all 3 finish level on points. No idea who gets CL then though.

I watched about 20 minutes of Barça-Getafe today, then I turned it off. Honestly didn't feel like watching anyway but here we are. After Tuesday's fiasco you'd think they want to make something right for the fans, and really go for it.. nahh.. I think the first 7 or 8 minutes they just passed it around on their own half. When after 20 minutes still nothing was happening I just turned it off. I'm not watching this nonsense.

I think it's head-to-head after that.

I didn't see the match and with everyone I've got going on this week we'll see. I will say that the top three seem to be phoning it in a bit. Anyway, I'd like to see the reaction you're looking for next week, but where I really want to see it is in the Copa Final. We've seen some of what I would call "festivals of football" in recent years and hopefully this year is no exception. Just frustrating that Suarez won't be playing. Hopefully Cillessen gets the nod as his sending off.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
In la Liga the first tie breaker is head to head points between the two tied teams. Then it’s head to head goal difference between the two tied teams. Then it’s just straight goal difference.

Jul 7, 2009
Alba after the game today: "Valverde? We are delighted with him, I hope he continues with us, he has given me life since he arrived."

Valverde after the game today: "No, at no time I have considered resigning."

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Alba after the game today: "Valverde? We are delighted with him, I hope he continues with us, he has given me life since he arrived."

Valverde after the game today: "No, at no time I have considered resigning."

Suarez stood up for him after the CL debacle and even before that I've read the players were happy with him. Sadly I doubt he goes.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Sounds like the Barça is holding a meeting today regarding the futures of Valverde and a director (Segura?). The main players backing him are Suárez, Busquets and Alba, with the rest of the team mostly being happy with him as well. Key members in the board don’t want him back, but it will be tough letting him go if the main players back him

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yes because they're not competing every year this is anomaly.

For what it's worth he's been slowly building to this point - they only really made the move to the CL two years ago, placed third in the group. Then last year Round of 16, this year (at least) the final. It can easily be viewed as progress at this point.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
For what it's worth he's been slowly building to this point - they only really made the move to the CL two years ago, placed third in the group. Then last year Round of 16, this year (at least) the final. It can easily be viewed as progress at this point.
Then you look at the league which is a much better measuring stick and its clear they are failing behind.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Then you look at the league which is a much better measuring stick and its clear they are failing behind.

Yeah I mean...realistically any larger sample of games is a better measuring stick than knockout competitions. People love the thrill of knockouts but consistency is much harder to achieve.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I wonder how many teams have won at the Nou Camp and at the Bernabeu in the same season. Betis did this season, both deserved wins as well.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Curious what to make of Madrid since Zidane has returned. We've not been in the best for, but it's a completely different scenario. Madrid have had some strong looking lineups with many players surely playing for their future in one way or another and yet since Zidane took the helm back in March they record is 5 wins, 4 losses and 2 draws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad