Post-Game Talk: LA "Kings" visit the actual Kings of the NHL | 2/11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yes it was just one game, but watching the highlights of Samsonov in Hershey and Copley's play last night :amazed:

Samsonov's positioning was excellent, playing high in the crease. Copley seemed quite slow to react and was not tracking the puck well. Just one game and I would rather Samsonov remain in Hershey next year, but would like to see Vanecek get some time in D.C. to see if he's a better option than Copley.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
When Kuzy cares, I don't think there is a better player in the NHL. Wish he cared more often, its a pleasure to watch.

Here are the two gifs we need.....a store window open/closed sign that says “Kuzy cares!” On one side, and “Kuzy don’t care!”, on the other, and each one shows the sign flipping to the desired side.

Internet! Make it so!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Don't let the Kuzy dangles distract from the fact that Kempny slipped on a banana peel again at the end...

Has a Caps defender ever blown more tires in such a short span with the team?

Someone needs to adjust his edges or his brain or something.

That’s going to end up being Gonchar-esque some critical game if he’s not careful.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Was pondering the insane amount of GA this season.

How much is due to reduced GK equipment? Not many as far as I can tell.
How much of it is due to defenders mis-playing odd man rushes? They are overly aggressive and playing the puck rather than the shots.
How many goals from give aways? Any stats on this?

Djoos needs to be paired with Carlson or Nisky. Put drunk Orlov back with 44.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Was pondering the insane amount of GA this season.

How much is due to reduced GK equipment? Not many as far as I can tell.
How much of it is due to defenders mis-playing odd man rushes? They are overly aggressive and playing the puck rather than the shots.
How many goals from give aways? Any stats on this?

Djoos needs to be paired with Carlson or Nisky. Put drunk Orlov back with 44.

Drunk + old is NOT a good combo. Lol /cry

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Few things after going past 2 games

1. DSP just doesn’t look up to par. Tonight he was slow and didn’t seem to be up to the games speed. Hopefully it was just how his shifts were, but seemed concerning

Totally agree.

Then again I would have agreed with that assessment 1 year ago as well.

Sep 19, 2008
Capitals Talk podcast with Rob Carlin and Alan May (the studio guys for intermission) is pretty good and they have a detailed breakdown after every game. I really like what I'm hearing.

Lol Alan May just dropped a profanity when talking about the players and how social media affects them. So I can't link the podcast :(

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Bura has been better on the boards lately. I think Locker mentioned it in a recent game.

His vision is still pretty bad though.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It seems like Burakovsky has won more battles in the past ten games than he's won the rest of his career combined and I don't think it's any coincidence that his line has started to produce as a result during that time period. His board play was a big reason his production was so streaky, in my opinion - you can't sustain offensive zone time or protect the defensive zone if you lose every battle getting shoved around like you're Bambi on ice. That's been the most encouraging part of his recent play for me.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think you just gotta ride it out with Burakovsky this season and make a decision in the offseason. He's hot/cold but I think I'd rather have a guy like that on the third line than some consistently mediocre guy.

I'm looking at the lineup and I'm struggling to find a trade deadline deal that makes much sense unless there's an injury. The 4th line has been relatively fluid but between Dowd/Jaskin/Stephenson/Boyd/DSP are they really looking to add someone to that glut of 4th liners, especially since at least 2 of them are quite good in their roles (Dowd and Jaskin)?

And I don't really see any upgrade on defense that makes sense. I like adding a RHD for depth in case Carlson or Niskanen get injured because I don't trust Bowey, but that's mainly just tinkering around the edges.

Maybe a backup goalie since Copley doesn't really pass the eye-test for me?

I don't know, this seems like a year where they just stand pat and hope Orlov and Niskanen get their act together.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Here are the two gifs we need.....a store window open/closed sign that says “Kuzy cares!” On one side, and “Kuzy don’t care!”, on the other, and each one shows the sign flipping to the desired side.

Internet! Make it so!

Its not a store window but it only took me 30 seconds :)

2tht56.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->