Value of: LA Kings vets

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I remember during a trade thread earlier in the season one Kings' fan was trying to rationalize that Trevor Lewis was more vital to the Kings than if they were to trade him for Eric Staal. That was a good time.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Should be an interesting to see if they make any offseason moves. Not much u can do when another teams starting goalie lets in 3 goals in 4 games.

I think the Kings should keep the core group and try again next year.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I wonder what Brown's value is like. Even with his resurgence, he seems like the first guy who should go.

If the Kings re-sign Doughty, they'll have ~43-46 mil committed long-term to Kopitar (30), Doughty (28), Brown (33), Quick (32), Phaneuf (33), Carter (33) and the remaining payout on the Mike Richards contract. All ages current.

That's a lot of money committed to a small number of big-aged players.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I wonder what Brown's value is like. Even with his resurgence, he seems like the first guy who should go.

If the Kings re-sign Doughty, they'll have ~43-46 mil committed long-term to Kopitar (30), Doughty (28), Brown (33), Quick (32), Phaneuf (33), Carter (33) and the remaining payout on the Mike Richards contract. All ages current.

That's a lot of money committed to a small number of big-aged players.

That's about what I said on our board.

With some of these guys, you either trade them now, or you're married to them forever.

Whatever the org chooses will signal if they're going to try to enjoy life in the black hole, retool, or full teardown rebuild.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Deny my proposal all you want but the value is there.

LA’s 1st + Vilardi is very fair for 4th overall.

Pacioretty for Muzzin is a win for LA. You have a lot of defensive depth and not enough scoring. Pacioretty doesn’t have a center here in Montreal. He would in LA.

You may not like the deal but the value is fair.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Deny my proposal all you want but the value is there.

LA’s 1st + Vilardi is very fair for 4th overall.

Pacioretty for Muzzin is a win for LA. You have a lot of defensive depth and not enough scoring. Pacioretty doesn’t have a center here in Montreal. He would in LA.

You may not like the deal but the value is fair.
your crazy Vilardi was rated 4 last year He is nhl ready now that adds more value to him The new drafted player is going to take at least a year to be ready to play in the nhl Mostly likely 2 at least. That lower the value imo. plus adding another pick on top of yeah we will keep what we have there thanks.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Also, how do Canes fans feel about Carter and Toffoli for Faulk and Lindholm? Am I ripping you guys off or just ignorant of needs?

Reactions: Alex Martinez

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Admittedly a solid package, but I’d be more interested in just Zaitsev and Marner from an LA perspective.

Personal preference is to keep Marner which is why I added the other assets for any perceived differences between the 2. Not trying a sales job here but PP2 was pretty bad this year, so Matthews numbers also suffered for it and Nylander's shooting % was god awful. Just a touch more luck and all three crack 70 pts.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
your crazy Vilardi was rated 4 last year He is nhl ready now that adds more value to him The new drafted player is going to take at least a year to be ready to play in the nhl Mostly likely 2 at least. That lower the value imo. plus adding another pick on top of yeah we will keep what we have there thanks.

The top 4 will play in the NHL next year no doubt about it. Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina and Tkachuk.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
In a take it for what it's worth

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Is-Drew-Doughty-Available--Source-Yes-but-Costly--Buzz/1/92446

"The Kings find themselves at a crossroads, and Doughty has grown increasingly frustrated by the lack of team depth, speed, and scoring...He has one year left on his contract, but can be extended July 1...neither side has made any big overtures at this point...which is suspicious...He is available, but it will be costly."

very unlikely but I see a possible scenario of Karlsson for Doughty, then a 3rd team comes in and trades for Doughty

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Not my choice its the kings approach to prospects. They need to play 200 foot hockey or they don't play on the kings So get over this its my choice crap and the you think u now how it works better attitude thanks :)

Looks like something is bugging you. I know you got swept so I’ll let you wallow in your sorrow

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Looks like something is bugging you. I know you got swept so I’ll let you wallow in your sorrow
lol what sorrow my team improved from last year to this We have younger faster players all over our lineup. We had a 98 point year without Carter for the year We lost every game by one goal without most of our regular defense man. There is no sorrow in my world my friend perhaps a little frustration having a arrogant fan like u try and be condescending when your team didn't even make the playoffs People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->