Value of: LA Kings vets

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I’m assuming Doughty would sign with the Leafs. It would cost a lot more than Nylander and Zaitsev to get Doughty, and you’re adding Carter?

1st
Nylander
Zaitsev
Brown

Doughty (extension)

Do we get anything with Doughty for that?

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
1st
Nylander
Zaitsev
Brown

Doughty (extension)

Do we get anything with Doughty for that?
To be honest, I’m not even sure that’s enough for a signed Doughty. If that 1st is in the top 10 then maybe?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
To be honest, I’m not even sure that’s enough for a signed Doughty. If that 1st is in the top 10 then maybe?

Definitely not a top 10 pick, let's say 25. Not sure what else to add there.

Not trying to low ball here either, so I don't want it to come off that way.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
The Leafs shouldn’t even try to trade for him. I think there’s a good chance he’ll sign there when/if he hits free agency. You give up nothing to get him, but boat loads of cash.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I’ll post it again.

Pacioretty and 4th overall for Muzzin, Vilardi and the Kings 2018 1st.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You’d have to ask other fans. I don’t think that’s enough for a signed Doughty. Nylander is a good start, though.

The Leafs shouldn’t even try to trade for him. I think there’s a good chance he’ll sign there when/if he hits free agency. You give up nothing to get him, but boat loads of cash.

If we can avoid leaving it to chance etc with a guaranteed extension, there is value in that. Plus if we can do an 8 year extension instead of a 7 year signing there might be some savings in that.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I bet the Canadiens would be all over Jeff Carter.

Absolutely I could see that, he would be good for what ails them, though Carter seems like he enjoys the anonymity that lots of hockey players in LA have..

In LA hockey players can walk down many a street and nobody would know who they were, not sure if he would have that solitude in Montreal.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Seems like you could use some scoring

LA needs someone like Patrick Kane. Someone that can create his own chances with skill and scoring abilities. Someone that when he hits the ice the other team needs to know he is at all times. The Kings don't have that and Patches isn't that. They need a gamebreaking type of guy.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You are looking at Toffoli, possibly Pearson, and one of Muzzin/Martinez,

Package, or separate deals, you don't see Doughty, or Carter being traded etc, unless you are talking some real talent, ala Marner etc, and TOR ain't doing that.

Reactions: SlimCharles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad