Kings Article: LA Kings: Jeff Carter Is Flying, While Dustin Penner Continues In Holding Pattern

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
Is this Mitchell deal unprecidented. For the life of me I cannot remember a player that has been medically cleared and cleared by the team doctors to play and has taken this much time after that and still not returned or even skated.

I seem to remember a couple of instances of players with concussions taking an extra week before coming back but nothing like a knee and 2 + weeks.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Is this Mitchell deal unprecidented. For the life of me I cannot remember a player that has been medically cleared and cleared by the team doctors to play and has taken this much time after that and still not returned or even skated.

I seem to remember a couple of instances of players with concussions taking an extra week before coming back but nothing like a knee and 2 + weeks.

Mitchell skated the day he was cleared. He's not stepped foot on the ice in a week now. When Hellene Elliot asked Sutter about it he said he'd only comment on roster players.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Didn't I read somewhere he was experiencing swelling during his skates?

Kings man 4 life

Jul 2, 2008
Though the fact that our players are so buddy buddy with the quack players makes me wonder if Perry might consider playing here.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Just because the doctor clears you to play does not mean your ready to compete especially at the NHL level. As Mitchell said he does not want to be out there hurting the team. I am sure it is the combination of fitness and pain, that is delaying his return. He will return when he feels he is ready and the guys playing need to step up.

Captain Mittens*

Jeff Carter is the flying nun of the LA Kings

5789.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad