Kings Article: LA Kings: Jaret Anderson-Dolan Is Exceeding Expectations

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
While Gabe Vilardi has gotten virtually all the attention as far as @:A Kings prospects go, forward Jaret Ander-son-Dolan has quietly, but very quickly, climbed the LA Kings depth chart and has done so with more than just elite speed.

How has he done this? What has turned the heads of the Kings coaches and front office staff? Anderson-Dolan spoke with Frozen Royalty about all of this, as did Ontario Reign head coadh Mike Stothers and Kings assistant general manager Michael Futa.

Read all about it at...

LA Kings: Jaret Anderson-Dolan Is Exceeding Expectations

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
The more last names a player has, the better the player. We should draft a Mexican National.

Julio García Martínez Ramírez de Arroyo would shatter Gretzky's records

Pablo Picasso could have given up painting and been the greatest hockey player of all time, considering his full name:
Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pablo Picasso could have given up painting and been the greatest hockey player of all time, considering his full name:
Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso

That would make the teams happy as well, that's a 1000 dollar jersey lettering job, even as an acronym

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
JAD is quickly rising as one of my favorite prospects. I originally had Clague ranked higher, but he's easily top 3, if not top 2 (after Vilardi). Petersen is the only other player legitimately in the conversation at the moment.

Yes. I wrote even a few months ago that I think he would be a surprise in camp and could even get a spot, or be one of final cuts. He's just such a great skater, intense and very good skills. The type of player the Kings could use on the bottom 6. I think he needs better competition to get better and going back to the WHL, he may dominate, but I think he will only get better by playing with and against better players. The best place for him is probably the AHL.
I understand the CHL wants their 19 and 20 yr olds that can't make the NHL in their leagues, but a good work around could be that every NHL team can have 1 player they can put in their minor league
team. That could at least be in the best interest for the player and still keep most of the players in JR.

And remember - King Ast Coach Nachbaur apparently couldn't stop raving about how good JAD is...last year...and he's only gotten better. And he just turned 19 Wednesday.

Like your list...but Kupari will be a top 5 King prospect on any list. Looking to see how good Brickley is as well.

Last edited:

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
JAD is quickly rising as one of my favorite prospects. I originally had Clague ranked higher, but he's easily top 3, if not top 2 (after Vilardi). Petersen is the only other player legitimately in the conversation at the moment.

I talked about this in the Prospect Top-10 list discussion. I think JAD might be the best out of all LA's prospects when all is said and done but I had...

1: Vilardi (duh)
2: Peterson
3: JAD
4: Brickley
5: Clague
6: Kupari
7: Thomas
8: Shafigullin (would be higher up but don't think he comes to the NHL, kid has skills)
9: Anderson
10: Hults

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Google brazilian emperor Dom Pedro II

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Pedro de Alcântara João Carlos Leopoldo Salvador Bibiano Francisco Xavier de Paula Leocádio Miguel Gabriel Rafael Gonzaga

Now who would center Pedro and Pablo? I'll go for the current king of Thailand: Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun.

de Orleans e Bragança (you missed the royal family name)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Pedro de Alcântara João Carlos Leopoldo Salvador Bibiano Francisco Xavier de Paula Leocádio Miguel Gabriel Rafael Gonzaga

Now who would center Pedro and Pablo? I'll go for the current king of Thailand: Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun.

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo.

Stoll still would have found a way to hit him in the head with a slap shot.

Reactions: King Trouty

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
By the time you get to the end of his name you've forgotten who you were talking about.

Reactions: King Trouty

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
so is it pretty much looking like he will stick for the season??

I just read that once this road trip ends that he will be moving out from his current situation of living out of a suitcase and will be moving in with Anze Kopitar

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
so is it pretty much looking like he will stick for the season??

I just read that once this road trip ends that he will be moving out from his current situation of living out of a suitcase and will be moving in with Anze Kopitar

Where'd you read that?

Would be awesome, but with Brown coming back, Rempal coming up, and Vilardi yet to debut, not sure who goes. Wagner maybe?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Where'd you read that?

Would be awesome, but with Brown coming back, Rempal coming up, and Vilardi yet to debut, not sure who goes. Wagner maybe?

I read it on a few articles.... ill post one...

Meet Jaret Anderson-Dolan

....Staying in a hotel through training camp and at the beginning of the season, the rookie is looking forward to moving in with Kings captain Anze Kopitar after the team's Canadian road trip - not a bad place for an up-and-comer to learn the ropes from one of the best.

and another article said.....

Anderson-Dolan, who is currently living out of a suitcase, but will be rooming with star forward Anze Kopitar when the team returns to L.A. from its four-game road trip

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

....Staying in a hotel through training camp and at the beginning of the season, the rookie is looking forward to moving in with Kings captain Anze Kopitar after the team's Canadian road trip - not a bad place for an up-and-comer to learn the ropes from one of the best.

Anderson-Dolan, who is currently living out of a suitcase, but will be rooming with star forward Anze Kopitar when the team returns to L.A. from its four-game road trip

Thanks!!

God I love this kid haha:
"The 19-year-old can often be found reading in his free time, and he loves non-fiction, particularly books about other athletes. He's currently reading David Chilton's "The Wealthy Barber," a book about becoming financially independent.
"Kind of important," Anderson-Dolan laughs at his timely read. "

Really think he's a baby Justin Williams, hope he can be a King for a long long time.

But yeah, for the immediate future...it's a hard read. A lot is going to happen in the next few days at home imo, and he's coming up on his 9 games soon...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Thanks!!

God I love this kid haha:
"The 19-year-old can often be found reading in his free time, and he loves non-fiction, particularly books about other athletes. He's currently reading David Chilton's "The Wealthy Barber," a book about becoming financially independent.
"Kind of important," Anderson-Dolan laughs at his timely read. "

Really think he's a baby Justin Williams, hope he can be a King for a long long time.

But yeah, for the immediate future...it's a hard read. A lot is going to happen in the next few days at home imo, and he's coming up on his 9 games soon...

ya it seems to be the thing to do with these young guys once they make their teams... staying with a veteran for their first year.

I know anything can happen still but with his play so far mixed with this news, it kinda seems like the writing is on the wall

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
ya it seems to be the thing to do with these young guys once they make their teams... staying with a veteran for their first year.

I know anything can happen still but with his play so far mixed with this news, it kinda seems like the writing is on the wall

Normally that would be a strong sign but not a lot makes sense around this organization's decisions right now.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Normally that would be a strong sign but not a lot makes sense around this organization's decisions right now.

don't ruin it for me!!!hahaha jk

in all seriousness this is a very special player.. I loved him in junior and have watched him back to his bantam days. He will be a very special player for you guys within next few years and will put up a lot of points as he gets more and more comfortable. Selfishly I was sorta hoping he would have been sent back to junior cause him and Ty Smith on defense would have been unreal to watch once again, but I am very happy he is in the NHL

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I think it's very possible, but not definitive. He has still played in only 4 games, so if they still plan to send him back to Junior he'd have to stay somewhere.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think it's very possible, but not definitive. He has still played in only 4 games, so if they still plan to send him back to Junior he'd have to stay somewhere.

ya there are different ways of looking at it... usually a lot of kids though just remain staying at the hotel during this time frame and not hop in with a veteran and his family like this... Id imagine team management and Kopitar/family discussed this arrangement and it was agreed upon to set up a living arrangement with JAD.

But maybe some teams are different.. who knows!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad