Kings Article: LA Kings D Mikey Anderson Is Right on the Cusp

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
After a very solid showing during a brief, late-season recall last season, rookie defenseman Mikey Anderson seems likely to make the LA Kings' 2020-21 opening night roster and stay there.

Head coach Todd McLellan spoke recently about Anderson as did the young defenseman. You can read all about it here...

LA Kings D Mikey Anderson Is Right on the Cusp

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I gotta bring this thread back to the forefront. I am super impressed with how well Anderson has played alongside Doughty. He just puts up solid minutes and is a very dependable guy. You can tell he will be a future leader with this team.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I gotta bring this thread back to the forefront. I am super impressed with how well Anderson has played alongside Doughty. He just puts up solid minutes and is a very dependable guy. You can tell he will be a future leader with this team.
He's done pretty well along side Doughty so far. The key thing is that opponents are not scoring on him and Doughty at even strength (a mere 1.5 goals against per 60 minutes), even though they routinely draw the top opponents' lines. Very effective pair defensively.

Mikey isn't adding anything offensively, but Drew is getting his points primarily on the power play. They'll be awesome together once Mikey feels comfortable jumping into the play and putting shots on.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
He is playing well but really needs to start getting more offense in to stay on the top pairing imo

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He is playing well but really needs to start getting more offense in to stay on the top pairing imo

I said a while ago that I don't want this to turn into a Forbort situation where opponents can double Drew because they can cheat away from the harmless partner. but it is what it is at this point. You can't really take him off the top pairing with borderline elite defense and fantastic breakouts/passing.

Reactions: All The Kings Men

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I said a while ago that I don't want this to turn into a Forbort situation where opponents can double Drew because they can cheat away from the harmless partner. but it is what it is at this point. You can't really take him off the top pairing with borderline elite defense and fantastic breakouts/passing.
our whole defense needs more offense. This is not a playoff team defense with this poor of a offensive defenseman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->