Claimed off Waivers: LA Kings claim Nikita Scherbak

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Nothing for MTL fans to be proud of. He's a first round bust.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
And an even bigger LOL to the Habs fans that pushed Scherbak on everyone else as some sort of viable trade chip “stuck in a log jam” before ultimately being waived by two teams.

He has sucked all along.

This lol, you wouldn't believe how many arguments i've had with other Habs fans.. trying to convince them that he's a garbage player.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
he didn't get minutes because he sucks, you need to earn your minutes

Exactly.

I keep telling my fellow Kings fans that the NHL is not a development league. Even on a bad roster like the Kings have, the NHL is still not a development league.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Before anyone freaks out, Willie Desjardins hates the Russians and Scherbak wasn’t given much of a chance. He didn’t play too great in his limited minutes, but I wouldn’t say he was put in a position to succeed, either.
That may be the case but then why aren’t management and coaching staff more on the same page on a waiver pick-up? Why bring him in if the coach won’t even consider him?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Before anyone freaks out, Willie Desjardins hates the Russians and Scherbak wasn’t given much of a chance. He didn’t play too great in his limited minutes, but I wouldn’t say he was put in a position to succeed, either.

If he hates russian so much explain why Kolvachuk played with Brown and Kopitar last game? I think your making this up

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Belisarius

Mar 24, 2018
That may be the case but then why aren’t management and coaching staff more on the same page on a waiver pick-up? Why bring him in if the coach won’t even consider him?
Willie is an interim coach so I doubt he gets much say on the roster.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
To be fair, WillieD just hates any combination of speed, skill and youth. Unless he coached him in junior of course.
which maybe a possible explanation however i find this Willie hates Russians bs Seriously this is 2019 this sorta crap should not be a thing on a chat board but that is my opinion i guess Kings fans grasping at straws i guess shrug :help:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If he hates russian so much explain why Kolvachuk played with Brown and Kopitar last game? I think your making this up

Because Kovalchuk makes 6 million and he's one of the best players night in night out. So he's gonna get ice whether WD likes it or not.

Also, how quickly do you forget that Kovy was put in the dog house as soon as WD joined for no reason.

Try reading what Canucks fans say about WDs treatment of Tryamkin.

Any fellow kings fan that this has nothing to do with nationality have their head in the sand.

How is it that the only 2 Russians in the org were getting benched.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Donny should take a chance on him. He's only 23 . Former first round pick had goal scoring touch in junior days. He has good size and shot . Too early to write him off.
Not against it, but don't see him as a remotely better option to any of the other young players pushing for spots on the Bruins roster.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Because Kovalchuk makes 6 million and he's one of the best players night in night out. So he's gonna get ice whether WD likes it or not.

Also, how quickly do you forget that Kovy was put in the dog house as soon as WD joined for no reason.

Try reading what Canucks fans say about WDs treatment of Tryamkin.

Any fellow kings fan that this has nothing to do with nationality have their head in the sand.

How is it that the only 2 Russians in the org were getting benched.

Kovalchuk was injured when WD come here. It was pretty obvious to anyone watching him play that his skating was off Also he wasn't as good a fit with kopitar and brown as Iafallo. Also wd wanted to keep that 70s line together. So he wanted to try and get chemistry with Kempe and have a more balanced attack However Kova was obviously injured and couldn't play so he went out. I think being injuryed is a pretty damn good reason but thats just me.

I was in Bc when Tryamkin was there I heard from there own local sports casters that he had a prima donna attitude He was late several times to team meeting and was not a good fit in dressing room. Stuff like that behind the scene I think that had more to do with tryamkin then Wd "russian hate" Next in todays day and age No team would risk hiring a biggot as u think he is. However this is just my opinion u can and will continnue to beat the racist drum if u like I find it pretty sad that u are but it makes u happy so continue ragging on it as u do on quick etc It is ur right to do so

Reactions: BallPointHammer

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
you have to be pretty dense to think kovy wasn’t in the doghouse when wd took over. Doesn’t mesh with the top line, ok give him bottom line minutes and nearly no pp time, oh let’s not break up the 70s line cause they’ve been so great this year....

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
you have to be pretty dense to think kovy wasn’t in the doghouse when wd took over. Doesn’t mesh with the top line, ok give him bottom line minutes and nearly no pp time, oh let’s not break up the 70s line cause they’ve been so great this year....
You mean u have to be dense not to see that he was injured and was trying to play thru it when wd took over

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I was just repeating the “WD hates Russians” stuff, didn’t mean for that part to be taken so seriously. He put Kovalchuk in the doghouse after a couple games and people brought up Kovalchuk beating Canada in the Olympics and that benching him was some kind of revenge. It was mostly just a joke.

Meant the next part - he wasn’t great, but he didn’t play many minutes with skilled players. Play fourth line minutes, get fourth line results. I hope he clears waivers and gets sent down to Ontario to progress with his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->