Claimed off Waivers: LA Kings claim Nikita Scherbak

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I don't think he was really given a fair shake in Montreal to be honest, which looks to be a reoccuring theme with younger prospects over the last decade. But hey, Julien doesn't have patience for Russian players it seems, so it was likely never going to work out anyway. He would rather call up AHL lifers like Agostino and Chaput than give Scherbak even one second of playing time this season to even increase his trade value.

Also, less than 30 games is just not enough time to declare a 1st round pick a 'bust', especially one who had some pretty decent numbers in his last season in the AHL. Scherbak has a lot of offensive skill. I hope he is given the chance to develop the other aspects of his game in LA. It will be an uphill battle considering all the time he's missed over the past 4 seasons due to injury, but the potential is still there I believe.

Claiming him and giving him some playing time was an absolute no-brainer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
looks like he's been a healthy scratch a couple times now, any chance LA puts him on waivers? Would really like to see him in Laval as they have one of the worst offenses in the AHL but one of the best defenses. He would help them a ton.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don't think he was really given a fair shake in Montreal to be honest, which looks to be a reoccuring theme with younger prospects over the last decade. But hey, Julien doesn't have patience for Russian players it seems, so it was likely never going to work out anyway. He would rather call up AHL lifers like Agostino and Chaput than give Scherbak even one second of playing time this season to even increase his trade value.

Also, less than 30 games is just not enough time to declare a 1st round pick a 'bust', especially one who had some pretty decent numbers in his last season in the AHL. Scherbak has a lot of offensive skill. I hope he is given the chance to develop the other aspects of his game in LA. It will be an uphill battle considering all the time he's missed over the past 4 seasons due to injury, but the potential is still there I believe.

Claiming him and giving him some playing time was an absolute no-brainer.
It's not necessarily Montreal's fault. Look at his junior and minor league numbers. Hes a mediocre prospect at best

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
It's not necessarily Montreal's fault. Look at his junior and minor league numbers. Hes a mediocre prospect at best

Absolutely. The Habs have done a great job bringing up Agostino who has done a good job. A lot of people seem to think prospects should be given chances even though they don't deserve it. I don't subscribe to that view. I think players have to earn their time - and Scherbak did not earn playing time in Montreal this season.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
This should be a lesson to the NHL...

Montreal wavier guys are really waiver guys....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
[QUOTE="montreal, post: 154318107, member: 1803"]DLR has looked good with the wings.[/QUOTE]

last place team/ out of playoffs type team

just like Montreal had guys look good on a last place team /out of playoff team...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
last place team....

just like Montreal had guys look good on a last place team ...

except they aren't in last place and the Habs never finished in last place but good try you almost had it.

Also doesn't change the fact that he's playing well, better then some of the Habs 4th liners.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
looks like he's been a healthy scratch a couple times now, any chance LA puts him on waivers? Would really like to see him in Laval as they have one of the worst offenses in the AHL but one of the best defenses. He would help them a ton.

I don't believe they would have to. When he does dress, he doesn't necessarily play, but from a roster/cap point of view, it wouldn't be a need to waive him.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
except they aren't in last place and the Habs never finished in last place but good try you almost had it.

Also doesn't change the fact that he's playing well, better then some of the Habs 4th liners.

If you got a team (Detroit)which has 36 pts and the last place team in the NHL has 33 points...your a last place team...you know what i say...lol

Put DLR on the Lighting or Cup contender ..then tell me why he don't play..lol

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

WD doesn't like to play the Russians. It's why Kovy was on the 4th line. The coach needs to go. He's good for the tank and nothing else.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you got a team (Detroit)which has 36 pts and the last place team in the NHL has 33 points...your a last place team...you know what i say...lol

Put DLR on the Lighting or Cup contender ..then tell me why he don't play..lol

doesn't change the fact that DLR has played well in Det or that they aren't in last place. I think DLR could play well on any 4th line because he's got such a good defensive game.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I don't believe they would have to. When he does dress, he doesn't necessarily play, but from a roster/cap point of view, it wouldn't be a need to waive him.

he is making near 1 million ...to just sit him and not dress whats a million worth now a days ...i gotta think the waiver man will be coming again if something magic doesn't happen soon

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
doesn't change the fact that DLR has played well in Det or that they aren't in last place. I think DLR could play well on any 4th line because he's got such a good defensive game.

there a last place team..they will be there in the lotto draft....and his 6pts in 28 games...a dime a dozen player that can play on a weak team....that is the truth

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
there a last place team..there will be there in the lotto draft....and his 6pts in 28 games...a dime a dozen player that can play on a weak team....that is the truth

he's a decent 4th liner imo, you can say that's a dime a dozen but I'd rather have a decent 4th liner for free then have to pay for one.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
he's a decent 4th liner imo, you can say that's a dime a dozen but I'd rather have a decent 4th liner for free then have to pay for one.

Montreal has had lots of decent 4th line guys right in recent years?BUT if we was ever to be a legit Cup contender..they would never be on the team....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
doesn't change the fact that DLR is a solid 4th liner who they could have kept over the older crap they have. Poorly run organization.

we didn't draft him to be a 4th liner...that's the thing.
2013....times up..If he can carve a career bouncing from team to team on a 4th line i wish him the best.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
he is making near 1 million ...to just sit him and not dress whats a million worth now a days ...i gotta think the waiver man will be coming again if something magic doesn't happen soon

They'll waive him if they want to, and probably not think twice about it, I'm just saying it's not a need to do it. They have other waiver exempt young players that play less than 10 minutes a game that can be sent down once more veteran guys get healthy. If you don't have to lose a potential asset, however valueless the asset may be, it doesn't really hurt to not lose it. On the other hand, the Kings have gone with a 22 man roster instead of 23 a few different times this year, so the possibility is there since with Desjardins he has almost no chance of playing.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Called it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad