News Article: LA Kings, Anaheim Ducks Team Up To Teach Military, Veterans To Play Sled Hockey

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
The Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks usually battle it out on the ice as they compete for playoff berths in the National Hockey League's Pacific Division and Western Conference standings. But on November 15, that competition went out the door completely, and for a good reason.

That day, the teams worked together to introduce active duty military and veterans to sled hockey, hoping that they'll like a sport that has proven to not only be therapeutic, but a life saver.

This is an expanded version of a story that will appear in the January 2016 edition of USA Hockey Magazine, and even though I'm saying this myself, as the author, you won't want to miss this. It's informative and inspirational, and it's one of the best hockey-related events (including playoff games) that I've ever had the opportunity to cover.

You can read all about it at...

LA Kings, Anaheim Ducks Team Up To Teach Active Duty Military, Veterans To Play Sled Hockey

Last edited:

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I play for the Kings hockey team and we practice in riverside but the ducks are down in San Diego. We have not played in the oc

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Thanks. I didn't realize it was so sparsely populated. Sounds like there isn't any kind of league or regularly scheduled games?

None at all San Jose is opening one soon but basically we have intersquad scrimmages a lot. There are national tournaments several times a year that we practice for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad