Kings Article: LA Kings Alex Faust: “It Wasn’t Enough To Be Here and Make It. I Want To Be One of the Best”

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Reactions: King Trouty

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
In the final installment of a two-part series, Alex Faust, the Los Angeles Kings new television play-by-play broadcaster, shared thoughts about the challenges he faced in this first year behind the microphone for the Kings, a little bit on some of this summer preparation work for next season, how he's adjusting to life in the Los Angeles area, and more.

Check it out at...

LA Kings Alex Faust: “It Wasn’t Enough To Be Here and Make It. I Want To Be One of the Best”

Did you know that Alex Faust when he does an article in June, the Kings go undefeated in the pre-season that follows.
Just keeping the tradition of Alex and his useless stats that pour out game after game.

Glockaxis

Jun 30, 2004
For me, the guy was horrible. I found a lot of awkward moments, and his voice blended in with the background so it was useless. I found myself muting the TV and listening to nick and the radio broadcast. Looks like I'll be doing the same this season too.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Was I the only one that liked him? Some of you guys are pretty tough on an announcer. Sheesh.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I prefer the stories more to the playcalling, I can watch the game and figure out what's going on, but the stories are phenomenal sometimes, with Faust, you can't expect Bob Miller or Vin Scully like stories, but let Fox tell them....I bet you he has a ton of them.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Was I the only one that liked him? Some of you guys are pretty tough on an announcer. Sheesh.

I think his voice is great, but I can't stand the attitude like he's been doing this forever and he knows everything about hockey.

Glockaxis

Jun 30, 2004
The voice was terrible for me. No smooth transitions, cliche announcer voice, stiff, and no semblance of any natural chemistry with Jim. I agree with the know it all attitude. I know he's young with not a lot of experience under his belt, but he's not a good story teller either. Bob had that natural ability and cultivated it through the years. I know there is no Bob Miller clone, but is this really the best we can do? Seriously?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Outside of his lack of chemistry with Jim Fox I thought he was quite good. Good play by play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad