Kings Article: LA Kings 2018-19 Salary Cap, Trade Scenarios, and Voynov Update

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
i just hope if traded we actually get something of value in return (i'm expecting like 4th round pick).
he really gave us a kick in the balls pulling his stupid actions

Why is it the consensus that this guy is only worth a 3rd or 4th round draft pick?? This is a top-4 D-man! If there is a team that is willing to let him play (hopefully it's the Kings) why aren't we asking for what that a top 4 d-man is worth? Shit, we've already lost him for 3 years and have accepted he's not coming back....and now we're going to settle for a lousy draft pick? give me a f***ing break.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
Why is it the consensus that this guy is only worth a 3rd or 4th round draft pick?? This is a top-4 D-man! If there is a team that is willing to let him play (hopefully it's the Kings) why aren't we asking for what that a top 4 d-man is worth? ****, we've already lost him for 3 years and have accepted he's not coming back....and now we're going to settle for a lousy draft pick? give me a ****ing break.

im just trying to be realistic, the guy has talent..but come swith baggage (new exp for league...where publically known of assault) and has not palyed in the nhl for last three years...i hope we get a nice return, i just don't think that will happen...I hope i'm dead wrong.
i would like to see him return to kings, and become an activitst to stop violence against women..donate time and money to help be a agent of change, i think we can all agree we have all made stupid decisions and deserve a second chance, we have learned from the bad decisions (hopefully he has) and look to share ways to prevent furture people doing the same.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
im just trying to be realistic, the guy has talent..but come swith baggage (new exp for league...where publically known of assault) and has not palyed in the nhl for last three years...i hope we get a nice return, i just don't think that will happen...I hope i'm dead wrong.

Realistic?! He has missed 4 seasons!!! The Kings D has never fully recovered.

When does his penalty phase end? The gov and NHL are just being lazy letting this drag on for 4 years.

It will be interesting to see how the gov and NHL treats the Preds player (Austin Watson) who was beating up his gf. "oh, you're an American you say? - spend a weekend in county and get back on the ice!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghetty Green

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Definitely, then once he’s fully cleared they can publicly state that they’re “considering all their options with Voynov” and see if there’s any backlash and go from there.

Backlash would be relatively minor, I would think. Being the NHL, you'd have a good amount of people come out of the woodwork who take advantage of every opportunity to further their message and agenda. After that it would drop off quickly as the vast majority of them aren't hockey fans to begin with and something more in the public eye will come along. It's pretty much that way with every movement for change we see.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Nobody knows what Voynov's current worth is. There's not really a previous situation to compare it to either. I would doubt it'll be, well he's a top 4D, he'll get what any other normal top 4D gets. You figure there has to be some sort of discount factor involved, but who knows until something actually happens. It's just been a constant unknown for almost 4 years.

Reactions: KingsCourt

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Nobody knows what Voynov's current worth is. There's not really a previous situation to compare it to either. I would doubt it'll be, well he's a top 4D, he'll get what any other normal top 4D gets. You figure there has to be some sort of discount factor involved, but who knows until something actually happens. It's just been a constant unknown for almost 4 years.
I'd say it's almost all dependent on what he signs for. If its 5 years and 5 million per, teams would be fairly interested at close to full value. If it was a 1 year show me deal yeah his value is lowered significantly.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'd say it's almost all dependent on what he signs for. If its 5 years and 5 million per, teams would be fairly interested at close to full value. If it was a 1 year show me deal yeah his value is lowered significantly.

I think it is more dependent on the number of teams willing to go through the PR for his services. More teams interested the better his value.

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
I wonder how difficult and involved it would be to add a DV policy to the NHL's CBA. If you could cobble one together, based mainly on the DV policies of other sports, including programs for aid and support to spouses, counseling, etc., you could use it to shoehorn Voynov back into the league while updating the League's image. Two birds, one stone.

Reactions: King Trouty

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I wonder how difficult and involved it would be to add a DV policy to the NHL's CBA. If you could cobble one together, based mainly on the DV policies of other sports, including programs for aid and support to spouses, counseling, etc., you could use it to shoehorn Voynov back into the league while updating the League's image. Two birds, one stone.
This is probably what's gonna happen. I imagine there's lots of talk on this very subject with Bettman and his staff. Voynov will be used to implement a new policy. NFL didn't need CBA granting approval on their, then, new 6-game suspension standard after Ray Rice, iirc, so I don't know that the NHL would have to necessarily wait for negotiations.

Voynov gets ~30 games, new league rule implemented, and he's back as a Kings D sometime around December.

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
Even easier, then. Add a short mea culpa video from Slava, with wife and kid in tow, and you've done all you reasonably can.

I hope for Slava and his family's sake that he has truly learned his lesson. I'm really pulling for him, even if he ends up on another team.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Voynov hasn't been doing himself any favors by remaining mum. Public statements about seeing the light, or regretting his behavior, seeking counseling, etc. are sort of expected. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything. Whether or not they're sincere, it's a minimum requirement if one wants to get themselves back in the public's good graces. And language issues aren't an excuse.

Reactions: mbar

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I don't really see a reason for him to say anything to the public, just let things play out and go with the flow. If he comes back and signs in the NHL I'm sure there will be some press conference where he can talk. Not really the talkative type before all this went down anyways.

exactly. hyenas will find another bone. nice, slow & easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad