Injury Report: L. Schenn (abdominal surgery); Simmonds (left leg); MacDonald (right hand)

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
I don't get this thinking. If the doctors tell a player he can not hurt the injury anymore but just will have to play through pain, why is it stupid for him to play? It's really not. The ligaments will get repaired in the off season most likely and he should be able to skate in 6 weeks. If you want to say we could replace him in the lineup with another player, who? Straka, Cousins, Laughton all were clearly showing they just weren't quite ready at the time of his injury.

I like gamers. GM's like them too. If the injury can't get worse and they want to play I allow them to. It's the competitive spirit that I hold in high regard. Read has demonstrated more than once as well. He broke is ribs and kept playing in an enormous amount of pain. It's why I am in favor of keeping him and thinking he bounces back next year.

I don't understand why I should be impressed that he's been playing through multiple injuries? Perhaps if he was injured and he continued to play well I would be impressed, but he didn't, he was just plain bad for the majority of the season.

If his game was affected by the injuries (which it clearly was) he should sit and heal, in my opinion.

This isn't meant to be a knock on Read, I've always liked the guy and hope he gets back in form next season whether he's in Philly or not. I'm just not happy with the way he & the medical staff handled his injuries.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I don't understand why I should be impressed that he's been playing through multiple injuries? Perhaps if he was injured and he continued to play well I would be impressed, but he didn't, he was just plain bad for the majority of the season.

If his game was affected by the injuries (which it clearly was) he should sit and heal, in my opinion.

This isn't meant to be a knock on Read, I've always liked the guy and hope he gets back in form next season whether he's in Philly or not. I'm just not happy with the way he & the medical staff handled his injuries.

This seems to be a reoccuring theme this year. Read, Mason, Umberger and who know who else. I think Hextall really needs to reevaluate a lot of Flyer personal this off season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad