Proposal: L. Eriksson 50% retained to Dallas

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills at people suggesting retaining salary on Pavelski or Benn in a trade for Loui f***ing Eriksson. None of these proposals make a ton of sense.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Lucic would not be playing if he was on the Canucks. He's trash. And his contract is worse than Eriksson's.

Lucic had 9 less points last year, still provides physical play and only has 1 more year on his contract while having a lesser cap hit at 5.25 because of oilers retention. Not as bad as you make it look. Also you guys probably couldve went for Neal

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
LOL this might be one of the worst "serious" offers I've ever seen on this board in a long long time.

You want us to retain, give up the better (albeit disappointing) veteran forward, and add 1st and 3rd round picks to it to bring in Eriksson and Goldobin?

Just wow.
Yeah theres still SIX years left on Benns contract at a WAY higher cap hit. Hes already declining RAPIDLY so will be lucky to be as good as Eriksson when he only has two years left in his contract like Eriksson does now. Add in all those extra years Benn has and its more then fair for Dallas

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Lucic had 9 less points last year, still provides physical play and only has 1 more year on his contract while having a lesser cap hit at 5.25 because of oilers retention. Not as bad as you make it look. Also you guys probably couldve went for Neal

Great sales pitch, Montreal should trade for him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Are you actually here to discuss or just replying worthless stuff ?

Not saying he's good or anything, he's just as thrash as LE if anything.

If we're talking worthless opinions, is"shoulda got Lucic" something worthy of a thoughtful reply? Edmonton has nothing to do with the OP or discussion. Neither does Calgary.

Pavelski and Benn aren't lighting it up, based on their contracts, but are contributing more then Eriksson is and we'd be happy to accomodate a trade around Eriksson one of them.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Are you actually here to discuss or just replying worthless stuff ?

Not saying he's good or anything, he's just as thrash as LE if anything.

Loui Eriksson can still play a bottom-6 role, but the Canucks have enough checking-line players that play w/ more grit. Also, in actual dollars, Loui Eriksson has 9 million dollars remaining that's owed to him versus Milan Lucic's 16 million dollars owed (plus the additional year in term).

If we're talking worthless opinions, is"shoulda got Lucic" something worthy of a thoughtful reply? Edmonton has nothing to do with the OP or discussion. Neither does Calgary.

Pavelski and Benn aren't lighting it up, based on their contracts, but are contributing more then Eriksson is and we'd be happy to accomodate a trade around Eriksson one of them.

If the Stars decide to retool, Joe Pavelski could possibly be a fit for the 2RW: he has the same contract length as Loui Eriksson, but is owed 19 million dollars compared to Eriksson's 9 million dollars. Don't think the Canucks should add anything significant due to the salary differential -- maybe performance-based picks to either side?

I don't ever see Jamie Benn becoming a Canuck b/c his high salary & contract length would impede the Canucks' ability to re-sign some of their young players. Would rather target Alex Radulov if he becomes available -- pretty much same cap hit, and contract length as Eriksson; curious what type of add the Stars would want.

Of course, those are just the RWers I'm interested in from the Stars. Ideally, I'd want the Canucks to go after Tyler Toffoli, or possibly even Dustin Brown if they'd take on Eriksson's contract w/ some sweeteners. Won't know for sure who'll be sellers until mid-December though, plenty of time for teams to turn it around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->