Proposal: L. Eriksson 50% retained to Dallas

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
LE's family apparently moved back to the Dallas area.

How about Canucks waive LE, he clears then Canucks offer LE 50%retained plus Leivo/Goldy and or a draft pick/prospect

Dallas can let him play in Texas in the A, not be forced to have him on NHL roster, see how he plays maybe rejuvinated going back to where it all started? If they want to call him up he is a 3m player not 6m. Dallas can send a F back with salary, not sure who they would like to get rid of or move on from.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
The Canucks would have to send a good prospect to Dallas in order to offload Eriksson’s contract.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I don’t get why Dallas would ever take on that contract unless Vancouver made the deal way too good to be true, at which point Van would balk.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
So the Stars will pay $3m for a minor leaguer just so he can live where he prefers? Uhh...

Besides, Eriksson is free to move to Dallas anytime he wants. Vancouver would happily agree to a mutual termination. He's already a multi-millionaire anyway. Not gonna feel sorry for him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Benn for Eriksson was discussed. Pearson and Sutter were also discussed as part of that to offset salary.

Even with half his cap hit retained (his salary is minimal if Stars fans are worried there), there is no benefit to take the 1.975 million cap hit for 3 years, after the 1.025 in cap space is removed from calculation playing for Texas.

There aren't a ton of awful contracts on the Stars in the 2-3 million dollar range to exchange here. Just because this is Loui's preference doesn't mean it's Dallas', or Vancouver's.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Rare for a player to up and retire, I mean Big Buff might and he has actual salary left on the table vs LE who has been paid quite a bit more already, 1 signing bonus left to go I think next July.

what good prospect would have to go back?

Also, is Benn really in the doghouse that bad with the team that they want to try unload the team Captain?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Since Benn has fallen off a cliff and his contract is a nightamare, this could make sense, for both sides:

To Vancouver: Benn 50% retaned by Dallas, 2020 1st and 2021 3rd

To Dallas: Eriksson and Goldobin

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Since Benn has fallen off a cliff and his contract is a nightamare, this could make sense, for both sides:

To Vancouver: Benn 50% retaned by Dallas, 2020 1st and 2021 3rd

To Dallas: Eriksson and Goldobin

LOL this might be one of the worst "serious" offers I've ever seen on this board in a long long time.

You want us to retain, give up the better (albeit disappointing) veteran forward, and add 1st and 3rd round picks to it to bring in Eriksson and Goldobin?

Just wow.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If someone offered a 7th for Benn at full salary I’d take it no questions asked. I’d like to get a bit of return if we retained.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
LOL this might be one of the worst "serious" offers I've ever seen on this board in a long long time.

You want us to retain, give up the better (albeit disappointing) veteran forward, and add 1st and 3rd round picks to it to bring in Eriksson and Goldobin?

Just wow.

I must have someone on ignore here...

Eriksson+Goldobin for Benn(with retention)+1st+3rd? Say what?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
1 dollar? 1 million dollars? I dunno. Something like that.

I mean I'd peg Pavelski to be the guy to recover from a bad start. One million would bring the cap hit to an equal amount...yeah, sure. I wouldn't be stoked, but I think Pavelski on RW with Horvat and Pearson would be better than Leivo there and Eriksson in the press box.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
canook fans are trying hard to move that contract-- you have your chance one for one for Lucic. You lost out. He has no value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->