L.A. Noire

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
L.A. Noire - Spring 2011

I remember seeing a trailer few years ago and it looked exciting. Luckily, the project is not canceled and coming out in Spring 2011. Here's a new debut trailer:

And yes, this is Aaron Staton (Mad Men's Ken Cosgrow). The lip synch is absolutely amazing.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
The facial expressions are awesome. IIRC this game isn't supposed to be a GTA/Mafia clone, it's open world but you do detective work, look for clues, interrogations...Could be cool.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
This game looks great and it has no connection to Mafia. Hopefully the gameplay is as good as the graphics and storyline look.

Jaysfanatic*

Yeah, the lipsynch is great. I think every actors likeness has been used. I think Timothy Dalton is in the game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
this LA Noire looks sweet. the facial animations are awesome.

i remember hearing that this was supposed to be a ps3 exclusive ...guess not.

Yeah, it's been rumoured to go multiplatform since the beginning of the year. More money in multiplatform, simple as that.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
I think The Agent is the Rockstar PS3 exclusive, not this one.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
I think The Agent is the Rockstar PS3 exclusive, not this one.
Yeah it is. The trailer of this game has PS3/360 at the end of it. Facial animation looks cool, but facial animation does not a good game make. I'm a bit tired of the GTA formula but this isn't getting made from an internal team so hopefully it's not just a fresh coat of paint.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Rockstar could have bough a few small countries with the money they've pumped into this game. Last I heard when the game was only 50% finished it was still one of the top 5 games ever production wise.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
LA Noire

this looks like an awesome game! i read somewhere that they use "real time faces" or something like that, which show real life expression, so the better you know people, or can recognize someone lying, the faster you will solves cases...etc.

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007

this looks like an awesome game! i read somewhere that they use "real time faces" or something like that, which show real life expression, so the better you know people, or can recognize someone lying, the faster you will solves cases...etc.

Definitely looks like a good game, but is there a multiplayer? I don't even think it's a sandbox game to be honest. More like a linear story. Still, I'll give it a try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad