L.A. Kings Stanley Cup Ring Photo

Zad

Dec 1, 2005
OC
www.lakingsnews.com
Just passing through...nothing to see here.

530803_10151358782109239_1991808722_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
The black in the logo definitely makes it look weird, they definitely could have done something different than fill it in with cheap paint, but man is it beautiful. Falls under the category of 'who cares, won the cup.' Can't wait for some side shots.

Zad on HFBoards? Never though I'd see the day again.

EmperorPenguin

Jun 11, 2010
I believe Jostens has the contract to do these rings, at least they have the last 4 years. They've been really cookie cutter since 2008 so it's no surprise that this ring is kind of...plain. You don't tend to see the different coloured stones anymore or anything too fancy. It's unfortunate but it's still a Stanley Cup ring. :)

http://www.jostens.com/sports/sports_lp_pro_hockey.html

KingKopitar11*

man they couldnt fill the black with dark gems or something of that sort, the paint just makes it look cheap. Anyways still nice. I have seen worse.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
This must be the one they're handing out for the promotion. If that's the case then they look pretty cool for a fan promotion. The quality on the past real ones is much better (at least according to pictures...)

compare:
Front_original_original_display_image.jpeg

Last edited:

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Please, please tell me that is not it! Sorry folks our first cup in history and you go on and put the home plate logo in black on it! Wow! I don't want one!

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Like I said, I doubt this is the real ring. This has to be the promotion/fan ring they're giving out later this season. But having said that I'm sure the real one will look similar and have the home plate logo on it (probably in some black gem stone), and why not? That's the logo and colors we won under. There's no changing that now.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Frankly to me, it could be purple and yellow and have Brad Richardson's mug spread across it and it's still one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
i like it...as i said on the main board, i actually like the black "paint" (i actually think its a type of an epoxy but whatever) and the way it contours around the "LA" and the crown. If you click the link Emporerpenguin provided, they used the same black paint for the Miami heats rings.

Randart

May 20, 2007
Carson, CA
Yay! Finally A Ring...

Thanks Zadster for the cool pic matey! Hope all is well with you and the blog, your restaurant etc! Oh and Happy New Years too... ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad