Rumor: Kypreos: Ownership Level Killed DeAngelo Trades, Fearing Backlash

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't care how "emotional" he gets, there is not excuse for calling someone a slur.

I've been upset plenty of times, but never use words like that in anger at someone.

Edit: He also allegedly punched a teammate in the face, which is why he's not playing right now. If someone shows you who they are....believe them
I've read that he was the one that was punched in the face. Regardless, you're glossing over my point. The only reason an owner would get involved would be due to the race issue. They'd only be worried about their bottom line. And that's insane.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Second time I've heard this in the thread. Can you point out the proven reasoning why fans would boycott the product if their GM decided to take a chance on this kid at a bargain?

The reasoning behind these arguments are where the terrible takes lie. They're accusations of racism with absolutely nothing to back them.
Holy hell Belair. I am not yr biggest fan as we both know but man you earned my respect with your posts. You are saying for what it is and my hat off to you . Good job man

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
What behavior though?

That is the point.

Until the victim comes out and verifies exactly what was said to them, no one has any hard proof DeAngelo crossed that line of lines.

There is no proof. Period. That is exactly what Kypreos point is.

In today's online culture all you have to do to ruin someone is yell "racist" and all the SJW knobs instantly run to a platform and repeat the lie till, months later, after it has snowballed, the umproven rumor becomes a hard fact.

Where is the proof?

Proof has never been part of what right wingers care about cmon now. I can think of multiple instances where that’s true.

And in any case if something hadn’t happened DeAngelo would still be playing.

Why would the Rangers do what they did otherwise?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That's telling. You say, "people like them". So, tell me, what do believe about people like me? You, obviously, don't know me. You just make a determination based on a post from a message board. You, ironically, are making my point.

Exactly...the rightous people are often the worst.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I've read that he was the one that was punched in the face. Regardless, you're glossing over my point. The only reason an owner would get involved would be due to the race issue. They'd only be worried about their bottom line. And that's insane.

I haven't been keeping up with this I saw reports of both.

You haven't addressed my point that regardless of him being "emotional" it's never okay to use slurs

I'm starting to think if he was just being emotional, men might be too emotional to be in the public eye

Reactions: Seachd

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Care to shed some light on your insider sources?
Not insider at all. Many of his team mates have said publicly that he is a good guy.

Here's my thing, I don't know Tony. I don't know all of the supposed incidents that got him sideways with the Rangers. Some on this board state that it had nothing to do with his support of Trump. I would love to hear what he did in the room that caused such an issue with team mates. If he did things that were legitimately toxic, then he should be released. Was it the fight with Georgiev? Georgiev threw the first punch. Things are said in locker rooms all the time.
I'm not defending Tony in the sense that he should be allowed to do and say whatever he pleases. But, if he is going to be blackballed, I would like to know why (of course, who the f am I to get the insider info). People are stating it isn't politically/perception driven, but I haven't been convinced.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Care to shed some light on your insider sources?

I’m not a fan of either team. But he has been discussed on toronto radio by various sources and it is a pretty common statement in the media here that he is a popular teammate for what it’s worth

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Cancel Culture isn't a new thing. Its just a new term for "accountability" so that people participating in the today's Culture War have something to be mad about.

Why is getting fired or deplatformed considered "being cancelled", yet never getting the job nor ever having a large outreach is not? I think a lot of people don't realize that they themselves are inherently cancelled and are defending people that don't need defending.

Further, in today's society where information is more freely distributed and broadcasted, it makes sense that more people are being found "accountable" for their actions. Before, you had to tell your story to the newspaper, local news, etc., and if they didn't like your story... well... guess who is getting "cancelled"? Not the powerful guy who is beloved by the media.

I think its also no surprise that this is a prevalently American narrative, where broadcasting and media standards leave much to be desired. The only high profile case in Canada of someone "getting cancelled" is Don Cherry.

“Because it’s a free country!! I should be able to say and do whatever I want with no repercussions!! Bunch of sensation snowflake ‘leftists’”.

But you better not say anything that can be perceived as “unpatriotic,” or worse, kneel during their favorite patriotic tune...they’ll faint like a Southern belle.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
Not insider at all. Many of his team mates have said publicly that he is a good guy.

Here's my thing, I don't know Tony. I don't know all of the supposed incidents that got him sideways with the Rangers. Some on this board state that it had nothing to do with his support of Trump. I would love to hear what he did in the room that caused such an issue with team mates. If he did things that were legitimately toxic, then he should be released. Was it the fight with Georgiev? Georgiev threw the first punch. Things are said in locker rooms all the time.
I'm not defending Tony in the sense that he should be allowed to do and say whatever he pleases. But, if he is going to be blackballed, I would like to know why (of course, who the f am I to get the insider info). People are stating it isn't politically/perception driven, but I haven't been convinced.
Only NYR teammates have said this publicly? Or have past teammates gone to bat for him too?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Voynov was a wife beater.

Leipcic was a fringe NHL player.

DeAngelo scored 53 points last season as a 24 year old right shot defenseman. The only thing proven against him is that he's outspoken on social media platforms and he's an abrasive personality in the locker room.

Ownership should have absolutely no reason to step in if these are the only factors involved.

Calling teammates slurs + fighting a teammate = “abrasive”

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
“Because it’s a free country!! I should be able to say and do whatever I want with no repercussions!! Bunch of sensation snowflake ‘leftists’”.

But you better not say anything that can be perceived as “unpatriotic,” or worse, kneel during their favorite patriotic tune...they’ll faint like a Southern belle.

Meh, not really. Kap had every right to kneel and wear his cop hating socks. People didn't have to agree. I think he could have gone about getting his message across in a better way. At the end of the day, he wasn't a very good QB. Maybe that's the case with Tony D. Maybe the Ranger brass felt like he wasn't worth the headache. I just think everyone jumping on the "f off Tony" bandwagon should take a moment to self-reflect.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No one cares what Tony believes politically. FoH here with that.

Problem is he started bringing that stuff into the locker room. And he couldn't handle being a healthy scratch, he kept bringing it up and complaining about it. Then he chirped his goalie and got into an altercation.

Please f*** right off with the Cancel Culture SJW stuff. Tony had to go. He was getting dangled a couple times per game and not producing either. I liked his talent and he had a great year last year but he was given a final warning my Jeff Gorton, if there was antoher incident involving him he was done.

The Ranger team defense has vastly improved this season. Fox and K'Andre Miller have been able to really shine. I won't miss DeAngelo but i'll probably root for him when he gets another shot.

Reactions: Mandar and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's telling. You say, "people like them". So, tell me, what do believe about people like me? You, obviously, don't know me. You just make a determination based on a post from a message board. You, ironically, are making my point.

always the victim

“People like them” = people like you who always look for an opportunity to defend a clear turd no matter how many strikes the turd gets

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Doesn't matter if it was racist or not. A slur is a slur regardless of who the bigot is targeting. Homophobic and sexual slurs are just as unacceptable as racial slurs are. And DeAngelo was not only suspended for them multiple times, but refuses to take responsibility or even acknowledge he was wrong to use those slurs.

It has nothing to do with the PC police or cancel culture or even being a conservative. There are plenty of conservatives in the NHL, in fact I'd wage there are more conservatives than liberals in the NHL today. It's about DeAngelo being a toxic asshole who picks fights with his team mates.

He's not getting "cancelled" he's facing consequences for his disgusting actions. Given him and his fathers previous comments it's likely the first time in his life he's facing consequences for anything. Playing DeAngelo means you either support his behavior or you don't care, which is functionally the same as supporting it.

The NHL has spent the last year talking a big game with regards to inclusivity and equality in hockey. This is a big test for them.

Reactions: r0bert8841

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Tony was a problem in hockey long before it became hip to be pretend to be interested in the body politic cause lord knows everybody thinks they're a political advocate now one way or the other.

Seems like Tony is just a jerk. Back in the day he would be called a clubhouse cancer.
He needs time away to help rehabilitate his name/reputation.
He'll get another shot, but enough time has to have passed.

BattleLevel

Jan 19, 2014
I have no doubt that Deangelo will play in the NHL again. He's got enough offensive talent to get someone to take a chance on him.

That said, I don't want him anywhere near the Jets. He's a proven locker room problem and they already have too many dmen who play inconsistent defence.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I haven't been keeping up with this I saw reports of both.

You haven't addressed my point that regardless of him being "emotional" it's never okay to use slurs

I'm starting to think if he was just being emotional, men might be too emotional to be in the public eye
I wholeheartedly agree. And I believe that players should be heavily fined when using them, suspended and required to go through a program that explains to them thoroughly why it's harmful before they play again.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Sorry but it does apply here too. Since when are our haloes made of GOLD...Like the Lord said. If you committed no sin, you are the first to toss the stone.

Your post doesn’t make any sense. DeAngelo has been a problem over 5 teams now. He’s an issue. It’s not because he likes Trump.

Lets not make a martyr out of an asshole

Reactions: DaveG

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
No one cares what Tony believes politically. FoH here with that.

Problem is he started bringing that stuff into the locker room. And he couldn't handle being a healthy scratch, he kept bringing it up and complaining about it. Then he chirped his goalie and got into an altercation.

Please f*** right off with the Cancel Culture SJW stuff. Tony had to go. He was getting dangled a couple times per game and not producing either. I liked his talent and he had a great year last year but he was given a final warning my Jeff Gorton, if there was antoher incident involving him he was done.

The Ranger team defense has vastly improved this season. Fox and K'Andre Miller have been able to really shine. I won't miss DeAngelo but i'll probably root for him when he gets another shot.

Like I have said, Rangers brass felt he wasn't worth the headache, but to say that his politics had nothing to do with it is just false.
I think he will get a shot with another team. They are waiting for the heat surrounding the situation to cool. That heat is almost exclusively about the perception of what he represents.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
PC culture is what is killing sports . There is no one on this site who can honestly say Football, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc have not been affected. I watch Nascar time in last night and I can see why there is hate on for Bubba Wallace. Besides he sucks ass as a driver no one can deny that. And what will happen to him will be the Danica Patrick syndrome. He will talk himself out of a ride at the rate he is pushing pc culture on the old Nascar boys and it will not site well. If anyone who follows Nascar knows what happens with Kyal Larson's racial slur last year. He was suspended the whole year and lost his ride . This year he is Singh to a top 5 team in Nascar. That tells me that the people behind the scenes are getting a little tired of the pc culture in Nascar

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Meh, not really. Kap had every right to kneel and wear his cop hating socks. People didn't have to agree. I think he could have gone about getting his message across in a better way. At the end of the day, he wasn't a very good QB. Maybe that's the case with Tony D. Maybe the Ranger brass felt like he wasn't worth the headache. I just think everyone jumping on the "f off Tony" bandwagon should take a moment to self-reflect.

Whether Deangelo’s poor reputation is compounded by his vocal “political” stances or not...he has carried the attitude issue label since juniors. Even on his draft day this was a known and probably why he went later than he should have. He’s now on his way out of his third NHL organization by age 25 despite his immense offensive talent. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Reactions: Petrus and Brobust

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
always the victim

“People like them” = people like you who always look for an opportunity to defend a clear turd no matter how many strikes the turd gets

Give me a break. I'm not defending the guy. He has had his livelihood taken away and I would like to know the details. If he did things things to get his team mates to turn on him, so be it.

It when the average guy decides to jump on the bandwagon, without knowing the situation, is where I have the issue. Just because a bunch of other dopes agree with your position, doesn't make it correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->