Player Discussion Kylington, Andersson, Valimaki

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Andersson is the best defenseman to tickle the twine for the Flames since Mark Giordano did it on February 27, 2019.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Andersson is on pace to have the best upper lip tickler to come up through the flames defense pipeline since brodie

Reactions: Drop Shock

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It will be a sad day when we lose one of the three.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I've been thinking lately how awesome it would be if Rasmus just grew his beard out and braided it Viking-style.

I wanna see Andersson with Karlsson-length hair and a Burns-esque beard, but less gross. He'd be the ultimate defenseman.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I wanna see Andersson with Karlsson-length hair and a Burns-esque beard, but less gross. He'd be the ultimate defenseman.

Rasmus... MANdersson?

Speaking of Andersson though... I wonder what happened to his bro Calle. His bro was drafted by the Rangers in 2012 and only played 47 games over two seasons (15-17) in Hartford before mutually terminating his contract with the Rangers and going home. I kinda wonder if it was just extreme homesickness or if some of those bullying stories are what happened to him.

Would anyone consider trying to get him for free to shore up Stockton?

Calle Andersson at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Andersson is currently the best one of the 3 imo. But I truly feel all 3 of them have a very high ceiling and any of them could be a top pairing guy if the stars align. The fact that Valimaki was able to hold his own at that young of an age on the backend is very remarkable.

lol, I always forget how young Hanifin is too.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Rasmus... MANdersson?

Speaking of Andersson though... I wonder what happened to his bro Calle. His bro was drafted by the Rangers in 2012 and only played 47 games over two seasons (15-17) in Hartford before mutually terminating his contract with the Rangers and going home. I kinda wonder if it was just extreme homesickness or if some of those bullying stories are what happened to him.

Would anyone consider trying to get him for free to shore up Stockton?

Calle Andersson at eliteprospects.com

Apparently that dude is loving life in Switzerland; Bröts ned i USA – nu är Calle Andersson en av Schweiz hetaste spelare
He's playing on a decent team in a decent league, and having a good time.

He mentions in the article that the NYR development folks were horrendous. Like screaming at him; not his cup of tea.

Reactions: Nyx and Fig

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Why do I feel like Andersson is gonna end up like Doughty-lite and become a total beast? Seriously, once he learns to use that shot more often, he's gonna be a f***ing beast on the pp.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why do I feel like Andersson is gonna end up like Doughty-lite and become a total beast? Seriously, once he learns to use that shot more often, he's gonna be a ****ing beast on the pp.

When I watched him as a 19 YO at Flames Dev camp, he looked like Duncan Keith in terms of game pace. He's not as strong of a skater, clearly, but the guy controls pace. That was when he was playing against kids his age.

It's easy to forget the guy's a year 1 NHLer. Especially when the coach has so much confidence in him, and he's been one of the most clutch players in terms of big game points when the team has needed a big goal or break (I count 3 times this year).

He's got top 4 easy upside to him, and maybe even higher. He's looked great with Giordano. I know that's kind bad money in terms of everyone looking solid playing with a Norris caliber D... but I do think he's been fantastic for Calgary overall.

I don't really know of a great comparable player for him. I think his skating has improved miles since I first saw him years back. I think someone like Mattias Ohlund would be a good comparable for Rasmus in his career. Smaller, of course, as Mattias was a huge dude; not an amazing skater, but laterally good; high end awareness, IQ, big shot, great first pass; a staple on that Canucks top 4 for a long time. I see that for Ras.

I mean, I see a lot more from Juuso, which is crazy. There's a reason every GM keeps trying to get Valimaki in every possible deal they can when trading with Treliving. There's something there. Remember the last prospect that always was a problem for? Johnny Gaudreau. Do with that information what you will.

Reactions: super6646

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Why do I feel like Andersson is gonna end up like Doughty-lite and become a total beast? Seriously, once he learns to use that shot more often, he's gonna be a ****ing beast on the pp.

Quite certain there was an interview where Rasmus Andersson mentioned he models his game after Doughty.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Quite certain there was an interview where Rasmus Andersson mentioned he models his game after Doughty.

Yah feel like that’s been brought up a few times. He definitely has that edge to his game and likes to mix it up after the whistle. I’m loving that we ave a coach who is willing to push young guys on defense and give them an opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad