Kyler Murray watch (Breaking: Decides to play football)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Which is why I think playing football is the right move financially for Murray even though he's giving back whatever he's giving up.
From a financial standpoint he made the best decision. From the perspective of long-term health he made worst decision.

It came down to what he preferred to play. Can't hate him for it. It's his life.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Edit: I get that Murray got a huge signing bonus, but still. Minor league baseball players hardly get any money.

So Wainwright thinks that $30 mil for a decade for Harper isn’t a good enough deal?

I’m all for players getting paid and paid well but I just want to know what Harper and co. Think is a ‘fair offer’ and why...

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
So Wainwright thinks that $30 mil for a decade for Harper isn’t a good enough deal?

I’m all for players getting paid and paid well but I just want to know what Harper and co. Think is a ‘fair offer’ and why...
I think he's just implying that Manny and Harper are superstars and aren't the norm.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

No, he's advocating for the guys that get basically no signing bonus and then play for below minimum wage and have to quit playing baseball because they literally can't afford to keep playing.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think he's just implying that Manny and Harper are superstars and aren't the norm.

Ah I see. Makes sense I was kind of mixing up his points I guess

No, he's advocating for the guys that get basically no signing bonus and then play for below minimum wage and have to quit playing baseball because they literally can't afford to keep playing.

Yeah ok, I can totally get behind that. The minor league pay situation is bonkers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad