Kyle Woodlief's new column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I noticed Matt Lashoff is on his "rising" list. I guess he didn't see him at the top prospects game........... ;)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Rabid Ranger said:
I noticed Matt Lashoff is on his "rising" list. I guess he didn't see him at the top prospects game........... ;)
Bobby Ryan is also on the Rising List .. perhaps he is reffering to his Hospital costs presently ..

I think this report was WJC based and written before the prospects game .. IMO

We should watch for both players and see if they are on the falling list after the prospects game ..

CH Wizard

O'Marra imo should be out of the top 10.Common , he impressed nobody so far.

leafaholix*

La-La-Laprise said:
This isnt a mock draft.

He ranks them by talent.
That can be very faulty.

This guy had Ivan Khomutov at #10 at one point.

leafaholix*

La-La-Laprise said:
Yeah i dont agree with everything he says but he is ranking the players by who he thinks is the best. Not when they will be picked.
Yeah, but still... have Rask behind two other guys is wierd... atleast to me.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Carl O'Steen said:
Yeah, but still... have Rask behind two other guys is wierd... atleast to me.

On what games exactly are you basing yourself on? Not on the games he played at the WJC I guess... as Rask was mediocre at best.

leafaholix*

Chipchura said:
On what games exactly are you basing yourself on? Not on the games he played at the WJC I guess... as Rask was mediocre at best.
Maybe you should've watched them.

Tuukka Rask was tremendous vs. USA and held his own fairly well behind a horrendous Finnish team against Canada.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Carl O'Steen said:

Don't worry, I did... and I was unimpressed personally. But that's just me. Actually, it isn't just me, it's most people who follow prospects for the 2005 draft.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I've watched Rask play 9 times now and only once I remember being dissappointed.....I don't take anything this Redline guy takes seriously....I would put more into something put together by a bunch of us.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Carl O'Steen said:

Tuukka Rask was tremendous vs. USA and held his own fairly well behind a horrendous Finnish team against Canada.

When did Finland play the U.S.?

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Kyle was right on about the tournament in Estonia. Kopitar was dominant and desrves his ranking (by most) as the #1 Euro propect this year. Bartulis was the best DF there, so very steady- a guy with ALL the tools but does not absolutely stand out with any one skill. Very, very reliable. Madsen flashes the tool box but underachieves- he just doesn't produce as well as he should. His on-ice reads are behind or outside of the play. He really needs to upgrade in the hockey sense department.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
steblick said:
Madsen flashes the tool box but underachieves- he just doesn't produce as well as he should. His on-ice reads are behind or outside of the play. He really needs to upgrade in the hockey sense department.
Agreed.. I have not been very impressed by the dane in the several games ive seen. He hasn´t done much progress at all from last year.

Im really impressed by another dane, Kirill Starkov, who has been awesome. I haven´t quite understood why so many are hot for Madsen, when Starkov has been better all along....

:dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unbiased Canadian said:
I've watched Rask play 9 times now and only once I remember being dissappointed.....I don't take anything this Redline guy takes seriously....I would put more into something put together by a bunch of us.

10th overall isn't so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad