Prospect Info: Kyle Wood signs ELC

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Anybody else from that draft class that needs to be signed?

Bleackley but that been discussed to death.

What the deal with the swedes? It used to be that their rights were held considerably longer that CHL players but that might have changed. :dunno:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
A formality, but nice to officially have Wood in the fold. He'll be needed in the AHL next year.
Anybody else from that draft class that needs to be signed?

Bleackley but that been discussed to death.

What the deal with the swedes? It used to be that their rights were held considerably longer that CHL players but that might have changed. :dunno:
4 years for Europeans, and no requirement to make them a bonafide offer every year. 2014 draft class is looking fine:

Perlini - signed, still in Niagara
MacInnis - signed, still in Kitchener
Dvorak - signed, still in London
Karlsson - still in Sweden, 2 years left to sign
Bunting - signed, playing in Springfield
Mayo - signed, playing in Edmonton
Westlund - still in Sweden, 2 years left
Feigl - at Cornell, 2 years left
Kulda - already lost exclusive negotiating rights, he's in the KHL.

Wood - signed, still in North Bay
Letunov - at Connecticut, 2 years left

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Unless he doesn't want to and becomes UFA?

He's not going UFA. (At least I hope not)

Next season will provide a definitive case of whether or not Letunov will fit in the future with the kids.

I am fairly confident that GMDM will sign him at the end of next year's college season a put him in Springfield for a year.

He's a big-bodied kid. Which is what we need if we're thinking of replacing Hanzal.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Nice to get Woods locked up from the Boedker trade. Would be great if he develops into an NHL player.

Honestly losing Boedker is good enough for this team. Won't have to pay his contract and we can shift focus on upgrading other parts of this team.

Having Wood, the 2nd and Tanguay has been fine. Losing Boedker is the best part.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's not going UFA. (At least I hope not)

Next season will provide a definitive case of whether or not Letunov will fit in the future with the kids.

I am fairly confident that GMDM will sign him at the end of next year's college season a put him in Springfield for a year.

He's a big-bodied kid. Which is what we need if we're thinking of replacing Hanzal.

My point is that kids who have a choice often choose someone who's not us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad