Kyle Turris to the Vancouver Giants?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Yeah, look at all those crappy NCAA players in the league, like Paul Kariya and Dany Heatley Brian Rolston and Chris Drury and Thomas Vanek and Rod Brind'Amour, Rob Blake, Erik Cole, Shawn Horcoff, Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta, Brian Rafalski, John Madden, Zach Parise, Martin St. Louis, etc, etc. College sure stunted them from turning into star players.

Just look at how crappy Kevin Bieksa has been on Vancouver after playing college hockey at Bowling Green. :shakehead

but compare that to the list to the list of sucessful chl players

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
but compare that to the list to the list of sucessful chl players

yeah but CHL is more popular for Canadian kids so the list will be longer for the CHL. I can name probably 10 former NCAA American players before I can name 5 former American CHL players in the nhl right now. Because NCAA hockey is popular then the CHL in the US.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I am sure this has been addressed but why can't he just play in the CHL and not take any money. I think I remember hearing the NCAA won't accept that because they can not guarantee he didn't take any money but they allow basketball players to enter the draft as long as they pay for everything themeselves. How can the NCAA guarantee that they paid for everything but say that they can't guarantee the hockey players took no money?

CH Wizard

Yeah because we all know playing against some of the best Americans in the 20-24 age group will (jordan) stall your development. What absolute twaddle. And hell I can make a solild case that the WHL isn't even the best CHL league.

The Whl is imo the best chl league. The Ohl and the Qhjml are way too open especially after the lockout, scoring is too high and you see that some of the best players are just having fun on the pp's. They're both fast leagues but the Nhl isn't as high of a scoring league. The Whl isn't only a fast league but it's physical and even you can improve your two-way game alot. So kids who have tremendous skills (let's say Turris) and improved their two-way play in the dub will be much more ready for the NHL. I"m not saying the Ncaa is out of the picture while talking about developpement...d-1 Ncaa hockey is also a good developpement hockey league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->