Player Discussion Kyle Turris appreciation thread

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Was an absolutely massive part of the team's identity away from the arena. Did a ton of work after-hours work in the community for very worthy causes.

Say what you will about the hockey part of the trade, the community is losing a good one today, and the Preds are gaining a heck of a good person. Hopefully he can give the Underwoods a call to help him settle in and can land in Nashville with both feet firmly on the ground.

Swisssen

Jan 23, 2010
Zurich
Maybe it`s not a bad deal, but I absolutely hate this trade.

After Zib we trade Turris, I can`t belive it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seems like he was a better person than a hockey player, and he was a damn good hockey player. He'll be missed in the community, and in the rink.

Congrats to Nashville, they're getting a beaut!

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gotta say, Preds again getting a great human being from the Sens org.

SenaPreds tradition continues.

Reactions: PerdFan

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012
He will never be the strongest player because of his build, but he wasn't made of glass either. Surprisingly durable. He scored many clutch goals for the Sens. Lots of skill. Some great memories in the playoffs. I will miss Kyle

Reactions: Cosmix

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Animated_gun_turret.gif

Reactions: Senacus Maximus

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Great guy and great player. People complain he was weak but I don't see it. You can have a strong guy like Lucic, or you can have Turris. I'd rather turris.

Odd to see the article about how the deal fell through on Firday because Turris wouldn't sign for 6 years originally with Nashville. Then changed his mind...

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
If we lose a game 5 in OT, I'm blaming this trade. :D

Edit: Huh, I thought his OT winner in 2012 was in game 5. Never mind then...

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Great guy and great player. People complain he was weak but I don't see it. You can have a strong guy like Lucic, or you can have Turris. I'd rather turris.

Odd to see the article about how the deal fell through on Firday because Turris wouldn't sign for 6 years originally with Nashville. Then changed his mind...

I don't get this obsession with his apparent "weakness" either.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It just seems like he always showed up so big for the team when given the chance at key moments in games.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I don't get this obsession with his apparent "weakness" either.
I don't think its an obsession its just its the biggest glaring issue with Turris that myself included sees. He is easily pushed off the puck and is very weak along the boards. Other than that he is a great player

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't think its an obsession its just its the biggest glaring issue with Turris that myself included sees. He is easily pushed off the puck and is very weak along the boards. Other than that he is a great player

I guess I didn't see him as any more easily pushed off the puck than our other forwards.

We don't have a Thornton or a Getzlaf but Duchene isn't one of them either.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I'll never forget the JOB drop pass to Turris OT winner. Was live for that one, one of my favourite moments as a sens fan.

He was so damn clutch for us, I think we'll miss that aspect of his game a great deal.

Turris will be sorely missed!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I guess I didn't see him as any more easily pushed off the puck than our other forwards.

I think it's a matter of when you're as well rounded as Turris, the one spot you aren't a plus in sticks out. He does everything above average, except that.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
A heck of a hockey player but an even better person based on everything he did in the community! First class all the way!

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Except most of our other forwards are faster than Turris. And those who are slower than Turris are stronger than him. I feel like right now, Turris has just enough speed to make up for his low strength. If he loses a step, which he most likely will near the end of his 6 year deal, it could affect his game dramatically.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Except most of our other forwards are faster than Turris. And those who are slower than Turris are stronger than him. I feel like right now, Turris has just enough speed to make up for his low strength. If he loses a step, which he most likely will near the end of his 6 year deal, it could affect his game dramatically.

Fair enough, I certainly had misgivings about committing to him longer than 5 years, for the reasons you stated.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good guy, good player - we got him in his prime and he came through with huge goals for this team. Nothing but good memories.

Nashville is as soft a landing as you can make. Happy he agreed to move on instead of going to FA because then we have no trade. Good luck Turris, good Sen, good guy, good hockey player - all the best.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Great trade to get him, and he played on a great contract for a good number of years, goodly. Good bye KT, you were a great soldier and a great guy, best of wishes, he looks to have a good role going forward

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Are “Most of our other forwards” faster than Turris?

Faster: Dzingel, Hoffman

About the same: Brassard, Pageau, Pyatt,

Slower: Ryan, Stone, Smith, Thompson, Burrows, Didomenico,

I think Turris is weak in the sense that he is not a physical forward who forechecks with hits or backchecking with hits. I like Turris and wanted to keep him as I don’t expect all forwards to hit hard like Neil, but I do prefer forwards who do body check.

Gretzky was weak too and did not hit. However he excelled at play-making and shooting. He was abysmal as a defence man though because he could not skate backward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->