Confirmed with Link: Kyle Turris [2 years - $1.65M per]

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You were the one stating that Kurris adds so much more in bottomsix. Fact is he doesn't. Hasn't for several years.

Nothing at all wrong with citing that Turris has far more non PP goals that Turris over last seasons and yet is considered scrub here. I mean Sheahan is pretty much nothing, which again should denote what Turris contribution is like away from PP.

Sheahan wasn't nothing, he was much worse than nothing at even strength. Nothing was Strome when he was here, Sheahan was much worse than that.

Even if Turris is a shell of the high end 2nd center he used to be, I can't imagine that he's not an upgrade at even strength on Sheahan and there's also the extra bonus of him having the ability to jump into the top 6 on occasion if need be.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sheahan wasn't nothing, he was much worse than nothing at even strength. It was one of the worst 3rd lines in the league so even if Turris is a shell of the high end 2nd center he used to be, I can't imagine that he's not an upgrade at even strength on Sheahan.

Thank McJesus that Riley "I can't control a simple rim around the boards" Sheahan is off this team.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Sheahan wasn't nothing, he was much worse than nothing at even strength. Nothing was Strome when he was here, Sheahan was much worse than that.

Even if Turris is a shell of the high end 2nd center he used to be, I can't imagine that he's not an upgrade at even strength on Sheahan and there's also the extra bonus of him having the ability to jump into the top 6 on occasion if need be.

meh probably better. To be clear I don't care if neither are on the club. Just can't get the excitement over this one. I think more the case being an Oilers fan I'm probably tired of all these nothing gets.

Last time I got really excited about a player add here was Perron and Maroon. those being good players that move the needle on what a club looks like, and are hell to play against.

Turris is a nothing add. We can't have good things and this is kind of thing we get..

Not gonna be a great Xmas either...bleh

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I dunno. I want Turris to excel here. But I don't think he's a player that moves the dail. He's a replacement level player that lacks intensity.

I don't see what all the hullabaloo is about. We more or less replaced Sheahans offense and lost his PKing for more PP ability that won't even play.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I dunno. I want Turris to excel here. But I don't think he's a player that moves the dail. He's a replacement level player that lacks intensity.

I don't see what all the hullabaloo is about. We more or less replaced Sheahans offense and lost his PKing for more PP ability that won't even play.
Yeah Turris brings more offence than Sheahan hands down.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah Turris brings more offence than Sheahan hands down.

I mean, the stats dont really show that at all...

Turris scored one less goal than Sheahan at even strength last year, and only outscored Sheahan by 6 points at even strength while playing 3 more minutes a night at evens. You can't count Turris' PP production, because to be frank he wont play on our PP.

Turris' most common linemates were Duchene, Granlund, Forsberg, and Arvidsson. Sheahan's were Archibald, Granlund (LOL), PRussel, and Khaira...

Not to mention, the difference in usage between the two players is kind of obscene. Sheahan had a 28.9% offensive zone start percentage, while Turris had a 56.2% offensive zone start percentage.

I'm not convinced at all Turris brings any more than Sheahan. Just look at the numbers dude.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

Turris scored one less goal than Sheahan at even strength last year, and only outscored Sheahan by 6 points at even strength while playing 3 more minutes a night at evens. You can't count Turris' PP production, because to be frank he wont play on our PP.

Turris' most common linemates were Duchene, Granlund, Forsberg, and Arvidsson. Sheahan's were Archibald, Granlund (LOL), PRussel, and Khaira...

Not to mention, the difference in usage between the two players is kind of obscene. Sheahan had a 28.9% offensive zone start percentage, while Turris had a 56.2% offensive zone start percentage.

I'm not convinced at all Turris brings any more than Sheahan. Just look at the numbers dude.
Turris had more even strength assists than Sheahan had points. You can cherry pick the little parts you want but there’s really no question he’s a significantly better offensive player. He will get some PP time. Not a lot but he’ll get some and who knows what happens with injuries he may spend some time in the top 6.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
meh probably better. To be clear I don't care if neither are on the club. Just can't get the excitement over this one. I think more the case being an Oilers fan I'm probably tired of all these nothing gets.

Last time I got really excited about a player add here was Perron and Maroon. those being good players that move the needle on what a club looks like, and are hell to play against.

Turris is a nothing add. We can't have good things and this is kind of thing we get..

Not gonna be a great Xmas either...bleh

Honestly, I'm not thrilled with the addition either. Really not big on soft skilled guys in a 3rd line center role but at that price for a guy who can facilitate some offense from the 3rd line, it's hard to hate it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Honestly, I'm not thrilled with the addition either. Really not big on soft skilled guys in a 3rd line center role but at that price for a guy who can facilitate some offense from the 3rd line, it's hard to hate it.
Yeh, who needs skill in bottom 6.
McD and Drai have proven to be enough to win the cup.

Pretty pathetic to rag on this signing unless you were hoping for someone better like Haula.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Turris may be better defensively than we think. He'll be under Tippett. He seems committed to redeeming himself.

He was, last time I saw. Decent two way play. He's a bit slight in stature and sometimes the intensity may be questioned but he knows how to play two way hockey.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
This about sums up my feelings today.

Ej63gT3XgAAjMPC

These players all around and we select the worst out of the list. Really the only player on the list I would have no interest in.

That and reupping Tyler Ennis. Heart be still.

Not much of a signing day for Holland.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Ej63gT3XgAAjMPC

These players all around and we select the worst out of the list. Really the only player on the list I would have no interest in.

I mean we don't really have money for the good guys on the list.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I mean we don't really have money for the good guys on the list.
Yeah, so important to grossly overpay on our crap goaltending and Kassian. plus for a team with no legit top D pair in sight we sure pay a lot for pretty ordinary looking D.

Really its astounding to think the Oilers, with zero depth in lineup, are cap maxed out every year.

lol we get garbage and Blues just go out and pick up Krug. "The price you pay".. They got him just for having the capspace to sign him which we were told never happens. Remember, a D the quality of Larsson rarely comes around. Barely containing my sarcasm.

The better teams just keep getting better. We get Kyle Turris, lmfao

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Ej63gT3XgAAjMPC

5 of those players arent within the price range we need.

Maybe you would stop being so upset and disappointed in everything the oilers did, if you had realistic expectations.

Turris was better than Simmonds last year, and can play center, also.

Reactions: ImmuneEH and ujju2

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, so important to grossly overpay on our crap goaltending and Kassian. plus for a team with no legit top D pair in sight we sure pay a lot for pretty ordinary looking D.

Really its astounding to think the Oilers, with zero depth in lineup, are cap maxed out every year.

lol we get garbage and Blues just go out and pick up Krug. "The price you pay".. They got him just for having the capspace to sign him which we were told never happens. Remember, a D the quality of Larsson rarely comes around. Barely containing my sarcasm.

The better teams just keep getting better. We get Kyle Turris, lmfao
Yes, the Oilers are a prime destination for free agents.

And they get better? They went from Pietrangelo to Krug.

They didn't get better, they got worse.

Reactions: FanOfSadTeam

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

Yeah, like I said people were trying to spin this illusion that Turris was spinning some kind of gold in bottomsix in Nashville when it was rarely the case. He saw the best linemates they could give him there and was nothing EV. Sheahan didn't have anything close to that to work with and Sheahan was buried in bottomsix.

Away from PP I already illustrated that Turris is not one bit more productive than Sheahan and actually scores less the last 3 seasons.

But this is the response you get everytime you clarify the facts.

"But Turris has skillz"

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, like I said people were trying to spin this illusion that Turris was spinning some kind of gold in bottomsix in Nashville when it was rarely the case. He saw the best linemates they could give him there and was nothing EV. Sheahan didn't have anything close to that to work with and Sheahan was buried in bottomsix.

Away from PP I already illustrated that Turris is not one bit more productive than Sheahan and actually scores less the last 3 seasons.

But this is the response you get everytime you clarify the facts.

"But Turris has skillz"
Do you ever get tired of yelling at clouds?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->