Recalled/Assigned: Kyle Rau Called Up

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Nobody got hurt last game did they?

Premature but could there be a trade brewing for a top line winger while Huber is out?

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Jussi is out. Had to get dental work yesterday and Gallant said he was still recovering from a minor knee injury at the WC.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Lol Thornton is going to set the record for least amount of games played by a healthy player.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
How has rau looked? Does he have a chance at keeping a roster spot all year?

He's been okay for who he is. Unfortunately he doesn't do anything really well. Not good on the forecheck, not good offensively, not physical enough. Doesn't kill penalties. He's a body to me at this point. He has a bit more offensive skill than a guy like Logan Shaw but that doesn't saw much.

I think he has a chance but he's going to get challenged for it and he's totally replaceable. If this team is on track to make the playoffs and his game doesn't improve, I can see them making a trade to upgrade his spot.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
He brings good energy. Does a good job of winning board battles and chipping the puck out. His defensive play is good enough.

Not sure he will get a chance to see what he can do offensively playing on the fourth line with limited minutes. I'd like to see him up on the 3rd line with Bjugstad because Griffith hasn't been too impressive.

He's one of our few players who will attack the front of the net. He had spurts last year where he would be our most energetic player and get chances in front of the net.

I'd say he is doing a good job of performing in his current role on the team, there may be some untapped potential in terms of point production if he has some chemistry with Bjugstad.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He brings good energy. Does a good job of winning board battles and chipping the puck out. His defensive play is good enough.

Not sure he will get a chance to see what he can do offensively playing on the fourth line with limited minutes. I'd like to see him up on the 3rd line with Bjugstad because Griffith hasn't been too impressive.

He's one of our few players who will attack the front of the net. He had spurts last year where he would be our most energetic player and get chances in front of the net.

I'd say he is doing a good job of performing in his current role on the team, there may be some untapped potential in terms of point production if he has some chemistry with Bjugstad.

Yup. Try him at LW on the third line.

Rau-Malgin-Bjugstad.

Or Bjugs at C, whatever works.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Well said. I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad