Not open for further replies.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
I have NHL CI and know how good he is. I'm a huge
USA Hockey fan and saw how well he played in
the 2018 WHC. What I was sarcastically responding to
was the asshattery of calling Lauzon a waiver wire dump
along with completely discrediting Heinen. Heinen
is a 3rd line wing on a bubble PO team with a very good defensive game and an almost invisible physical game.
I would rather make a deal for Wood that involves
Heinen.

I'm well aware if Boston wanted Coleman its obviously more than Heinen going your way.

Lauzon is a 2015 draft pick who has played a total of 23 NHL games and has not lit up the AHL. That is future waiver fodder. Heinen is a bottom six forward on any team.

Those are not serious pieces in a deal for either Palmieri or Coleman, much less both of them.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
My guess, Devils aren't trading either of these guys. But each of the Bruins offers appear underwhelming.

Bruins don't have the cap space unless deal includes salary dump...and they don't have the picks/prospects to entice Devils to take Backes and give up Palmieri/Coleman.

There's nothing here.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I like how you ignore the fact it took Coleman until
he was 26 to play full time in the NHL and Heinen
is still 25 and his defensive game is his biggest strength
so you have no idea what you're talking about regarding
Heinen. If your criticism of him was no physical game I would drive that bus for sure.

He was drafted as an over ager and played 4 years in college...There was a high likelihood that he would have left after his junior year to start a pro career but he broke his leg that year forcing him to miss half the season... unfortunate too, he was having a monster year scoring 19 goals and 28 points in 27 games. So he went back for his senior year and won a championship.

His first season in pro hockey he hurt his shoulder at the end of November that required surgery forcing him to miss the rest of that year. He only played 14 games of Pro hockey to that point so it was inevitable that he was going to start the following season in the AHL....Blake Coleman played 66 total games in the AHL before he became a permanent fixture in the Devil's lineup... saying that it took him until 26 to make the NHL as a full-time player, while true, doesn't remotely tell the story of how he got here.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Lauzon is a 2015 draft pick who has played a total of 23 NHL games and has not lit up the AHL. That is future waiver fodder. Heinen is a bottom six forward on any team.

Those are not serious pieces in a deal for either Palmieri or Coleman, much less both of them.

He's 22 years old and Boston doesn't/didn't have
a dire need on LD. Boston did the right thing
and let him mature in the AHL
He has a high +/- in the AHL and has played very well
every time he has played. Looks to me like he is ready
to finish the season in Boston after the trade deadline.
He is absolutely not waiver wire fodder so get a grip.

Do you know how to read? I said Heinen is a 3rd line
winger which is a bottom six player. More skilled than Wood but lacks the physicality Boston's entire forward
group lacks which is why a Wood/Heinen trade appeals
to me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

winger which is a bottom six player. More skilled than Wood but lacks the physicality Boston's entire forward
to me.
I skipped the reply not wasting time on cluelessness- I’ve seen Lauzon a dozen times in Providence and all the home games in Boston and the Bruins and I hope they keep him. He’s 6’3” tough, pretty mean, and plays exceptional positioning, boxing out, calm doesn’t run around, and skates well.

He and Carlo 6’5” RHD should be their top PK pair and final minutes of periods in close games once Chara leaves.

I started going in 1966 and probably seen 1800-2000 games live from row 1 or 2 in back of Bruins net and have watched a lot of defenseman from Orr to McAvoy and Lauzon didn’t strike me as waiver fodder

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

to me.

Lauzon has a good +\- in the AHL... well thank the maker for that.

Otherwise, I can go out on the free agent market every summer and get a bottom six forward.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
They're a wash at best, Heinen probably has a little more value considering his age. Coleman is playing in these situations because he plays for an awful team. He wouldn't kill penalties for the Bruins. For all the talk about Coleman, he is 28 and on pace for 46 points while playing big minutes. He's a nice player, but not that good.
I don't think you've actually seen Coleman play if you think him and Heinen are a "wash" with Heinen probably having "a little more value".

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
you’re someone who just looks at stats, never watches a player then thinks you know everything about them from a piece of paper aren’t you? Coleman is far and away the better player here and is no where close to!a wash or has less value than Heinen... wtf lol
Ya I’m a Bruins fan and Heinen is even in the ball park. I would love Coleman. He a beauty

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

Correct on Heinen. Dead wrong on Lauzon

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
saying that it took him until 26 to make the NHL as a full-time player, while true, doesn't remotely tell the story of how he got here.

isn’t it frustrating when someone says something that is technically true, but also nonsense when you take context into account? :naughty:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
isn’t it frustrating when someone says something that is technically true, but also nonsense when you take context into account? :naughty:
It depends...if the person didn't know the history, it was a reasonable thing to assume...but someone that knows the history and still does that is just a dick....you can call me Sir Richard

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm not great at this game; but I like this package from New Jersey & think it gives us a very playoff ready roster, so here goes...

Backes, Bjork, Vaakanainen, Lauko, 2020 1st, and a conditional 2021 pick
for
Palmieri, & Coleman

2021 pick would be either a 2nd or 4th, condition being the Bruins make the Cup finals.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Okay...this is just delusional. You're overvaluing Coleman based on him having a career year in his age 28 season projected to hit a whopping 46 points. I know Coleman is a good all around player and stats don't tell the whole story but the highlighted is just absurd.

Kreider is a much better player, Zucker is better and Toffoli is comparable.

Did anyone say this? Sensitive bunch...now I know
So Zucker trade close, but we won it, Toffoli trade, we did better, kreiders next. No comments or are we too sensitive? ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->