Kyle Dubas with a hilarious chirp at training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The one thing that kind of cracked me up is in like 4-5 years this same kid replacing Dubas...it would be pretty funny.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

GatorDave

Feb 16, 2008
Was talking with the guy on Reddit. He took it well. Says Dubas is his idol.

It will definately be brought up if our D is exposed however.

Reactions: Menzinger

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
So our right side is still Hainsey, Zaitsev, Carrick, Holl?

Didn't realize a bant can win a series.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
What else can he say considering we don't have the cap space to acquire a quality non rental D and to get anyone of value on a decent cap hit with term you'd have to pay through the nose.

How much would Pesce cost? ($4,025,000 x 6 years)
Hot much would Nutivaara cost? ($2,700,000 x 4 years)

There are options.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I don’t think Dubas was slamming the notion of D being the weakest, I think that’s obvious. I think he was slamming the analysis being used.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Bingo.

However anyone with common sense knows that the leafs D particularly on the right side is a concern.

Hainsey just shouldn’t be playing more than 15 minutes a night. Zaitsev needs to rebound and let’s hope and pray that one of Ozhiganov, Holl, Carrick, Rosen or Borgman can take the next step.

Gardiner needs to be better against top teams.

At this stage only Morgan Rielly is truly reliable and he’s had some off nights.

Liljegren isn’t a RHD? Remember how he was ranked 1OA ahead of Nolan Patrick but because of mono fell to us?

(I do and I am not worried about our RHD).

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Legendary response but I hope he isn't overestimating the strength of our D.
not overestimating ,but if u get dermott and whoever making a natural progression ,then it could be better ,by just pure internal competition ,everyobody is looking for defence ,but u gotta score to win ,they changed goalie equipment did they not?
could be elevated offense ,for the leafs its like releasing the hungry wolves in a butcher shop

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
????

john-tavares-holds-up-maple-leafs-jersey-in-lockeroom.jpg

He had little to do with this. But the issue at hand in this particular conversation was the D. I don't know how much Isles hockey you watched, but JT never plays D.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
He had little to do with this. But the issue at hand in this particular conversation was the D. I don't know how much Isles hockey you watched, but JT never plays D.

What could Dubas do that you would give him credit for, and think he's a decent GM?

I mean, we could win the next 10 straight Stanley Cups, and I'm pretty sure you'll just say he lucked out signing Tavares and winning the Matthews lottery.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm not sure if you know this, but generally 5 players are responsible for defense. Not 2

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Dat's the joke!

(It's a joke)

Unless you majored in sociology... :laugh::laugh::thumbu:
:laugh:

I did but never went in for that touchy feely stuff:naughty:

and yeah I thought it was pretty funny

to those who think it was insulting to that young man, you're flat out wrong. It was insulting to the media, for the same reasons that some fans think they know more then the professionals, when it comes to running professional sport franchise's

there are guys in the media who start quoting stats to ask back-handed questions, such as the one the kid asked. Some of those same guys have no idea what they actually mean or how 'meaningful' they actually are

Does anybody here actually believe that Dubas was unaware of those quoted stats, or hasn't taken them into consideration when mapping the future of the Leafs

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What does your common sense tell you about a team that finished with the 3rd fewest GA in the conference, and fewer than Stanley Cup champions?

They did get lit up in the playoffs. So I am not sure it matters where they finished in the regular season. I am hoping that they can get better defensively as a team. Of course having all these talented forwards keeping the puck in the other end a lot will help.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
my fav pastime is coming on HFBoards and reading all these hot takes. Also crazy that twitter ppl, bloggers and such have moved up the ranks of hockey and yet all of you remain here. Really shows how informed your opinions are

and here you are too.

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 60 in 73 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Seems like we have a lot of people around here that go to Brock University...
I liked this post before even reading the rest of the replies in this thread. I wish I could double like it now. Jeez some of the posts in here.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
He pushes offense, though, right? Upgrading to him from Bozak is a huge benefit to our defensive game, because he's a much stronger offensive driver than Bozak, allowing us to spend more time outside of our own zone, and therefore spending less time actually playing defense.

Reactions: glue

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
and here you are too.

I dont run into threads demanding we trade every dick, tom and harry on this team. I also dont crucify players after 1 bad game. So no, Im not here like you people. I usually chill in the Jays/Raps section and have more interesting convos than derrrrrr trade this x man, and derrr babcock is on the hot seat. Or the one were in now. Herpy derr, the brock student knows more than Dubasss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->