Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
tenor.gif

NothingButPING

Jun 26, 2015
Is there a video associated to this? I can see the media possibly taking this out of context & holding Dubas to this if the defense truly has issues this year. Lets hope Dubas isn't over valuing out D.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Legendary response but I hope he isn't overestimating the strength of our D.
What else can he say considering we don't have the cap space to acquire a quality non rental D and to get anyone of value on a decent cap hit with term you'd have to pay through the nose.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Is there a video associated to this? I can see the media possibly taking this out of context & holding Dubas to this if the defense truly has issues this year. Lets hope Dubas isn't over valuing out D.

He could be... but it’s only logical to assume our D gets better this year... you take away Hainsey, and we probably have the youngest D in the league!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What else can he say considering we don't have the cap space to acquire a quality non rental D and to get anyone of value on a decent cap hit with term you'd have to pay through the nose.

The absolute best we can do is Justin Braun right now, who's kind of like a 2-year rental.

What we desperately need is another defensemen who can kill penalties.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
There is like an hour long interview he did with Bob last week where he breaks down our defense and what he thinks of it in depth.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Legendary response but I hope he isn't overestimating the strength of our D.
He's not overestimating our D, he is being smart by not showing a sign of weakness. The last thing you want to do is show the 30 other GMs how desperate you are to upgrade the D. That's more of a play out of the Marc Bergevin playbook.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think the general sentiment within the leafs is - the D core is not as weak as many perceive it to be, because even the bottom pairing guys will likely be stable with a bit of skill.

Doesn’t mean he’s not looking to improve the D, just it’s not a disaster that many perceive it to be at present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad