Votes: 161 29.7%
  • Concerned

Votes: 169 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Bingo. The team as a whole was always going to risk getting weaker as the ELC timebomb went off. He's managed to keep it together, and maximise the window.

Nobody would be whinging about Dubas if Andersen hadn't forgotten how to play goaltender for most of the season.

Also people complain about the defense this year but our entire projected top 6 hasn't even played one full game together this season which certainly doesn't help the goalies. They all dressed in the game Muzzin broke his foot.

This team is set up really well headed into this summer.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
haha well that’s certainly one way to say it.
I was a real Babcock true believer until this year. I even bought the story that what he did to Spezza was a media distraction device designed to shift the focus off Matthews prior to the season starting.

I realise now that he is just a piece of shit.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I wonder what the Chinese farmer has to say about our chances of beating either Boston or T-Bay in the first rd .

this has to be the dumbest post in the thread. Dubas was trying to instil a positive, next man up mindsight to the team and fans, and people like you mock him for no reason whatsoever.

Sometimes I seriously question if someone like Lou said the same thing, would there be any sort of mocking whatsoever?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
this has to be the dumbest post in the thread. Dubas was trying to instil a positive, next man up mindsight to the team and fans, and people like you mock him for no reason whatsoever.

Sometimes I seriously question if someone like Lou said the same thing, would there be any sort of mocking whatsoever?
i'm left to wonder what Chinese proverb Masai used to instill the next man up attitude with the Raps

oh wait he didn't use any because he's too busy trying to constantly improve the team which resulted in a championship and he's not a clown who's constantly trying to re invent the wheel to try to promote himself as some out of the box forward thinking genius

i'm surprised his mentor trip didn't get the guys to give a consistent effort , lol

Lou wouldn't spew crap like this but if he did people would mock him and say he's gone senile .

Last edited:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
i'm left to wonder what Chinese proverb Masai used to instill the next man up attitude with the Raps

oh wait he didn't use any because he's too busy trying to constantly improve the team which resulted in a championship and he's not a clown who's constantly trying to re invent the wheel to try to promote himself as some out of the box forward thinking genius

i'm surprised his mentor trip didn't get the guys to give a consistent effort , lol

Lou wouldn't spew crap like this but if he did people would mock him and say he's gone senile .

Do you think Masai is GMing 24 hours a day? Because if you're insinuating Dubas doesn't work hard, there's literally no point in anyone conversing with you.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Do you think Masai is GMing 24 hours a day? Because if you're insinuating Dubas doesn't work hard, there's literally no point in anyone conversing with you.
no need to try to shift the goal posts , you know exactly what i'm saying

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I have no clue. I don't know how you could possibly interpret Dubas posting a positive message as him trying to force this "smarter than everyone" image.
you may have no clue but it seems a large number of people who are laughing at him for quoting Chinese proverbs seem to have no problem understanding how it makes him look

Last edited:

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
you may have no clue but it seems a large number of people who are laughing at him for quoting Chinese proverbs seem to have no problem understanding how it makes him look

well like Dubas said, there's always been a group of people who make fun of it and then take back their words after they see the team become successful (Keefe said he's heard Dubas say it in the OHL and in the AHL). So congrats, you're in that group as well ;)

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
well like Dubas said, there's always been a group of people who make fun of it and then take back their words after they see the team become successful (Keefe said he's heard Dubas say it in the OHL and in the AHL). So congrats, you're in that group as well ;)
Pfff.
We don't need a philosophy student.
We need a real gm.

Reactions: geo25

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018

Great post.
Well said.
Like.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Dubas has done well in some areas and failed in others.

Comparing him to Masai is in my view irrelevant. Two different leagues, two different CBAs.

Compare him to other NHL GMs he is basically on par with most middle of the pack GMs. Has some good trades some bad trades , had overpaid some players and has some good contracts too.

Definitely some better GMs and definitely some worse.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018

Kyle Dubas, Maple Leafs

Hey, did you know the Leafs GM was on an expiring deal?

Toronto is trying to finally get out of the first round of the playoffs, is having another excellent regular season, and no GM was busier ahead of the trade deadline. It’s all out there. This is it, either way.

Personally, I believe Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment should have made this decision last summer. Extend Dubas or cut him loose. (I would have extended him.) Putting your GM in a lame-duck situation in the NHL’s biggest market wasn’t ideal. It’s OK in most NHL markets, but not in Toronto. Same reason Habs owner Geoff Molson couldn’t let Marc Bergevin twist in the wind all season a year ago and felt compelled to make the management changes he did when he did. Montreal and Toronto aren’t markets where being in a lame-duck situation can easily be ignored.

The question is, what does the MLSE board view as extension-worthy now for Dubas? Win one playoff series? Two? Get to the Stanley Cup Final? I guess we’ll find out this spring. But I can assure you, based on how other front offices view Dubas, he wouldn’t be out of work very long.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I hope whoever it is that replaces him is just a negotiator and they bring in a fresh face as an advisor to advise (take full ownership) on player acquisition.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The new media narrative: "but if they get rid of Dubas, another team will hire him in a second!"

.....and? The thought of not having their boy Dubas at the helm is already giving them the sweats. :laugh:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Dubas was brought into any GM's dream situation.
1) A forward group as good as any in the NHL was a gift.
2)A good goalie tandem with Anderson and Mcelhinney
3) A weak defense.

So, 2 years on the job. He ruined 2) by taking a risk with Sparks, Hutchinson, etc etc
What has he done to fix 3)? Muzzin was a good move, Kadri for Barrie/Kerfoot was a major error.

Mix in the over payment of Tavares and Marner.

Dubas is failing as Leafs GM. He should have been focusing all along on 3). The Kadri trade had a major odour of desperation considering the return. I mean with Kadri u have to get a Dman back with term and a dman that fits the need of a defensive defenseman. Not another undersized, soft dman in Barrie.
The domino for Dubas was the Tavares signing. Even though most cheered a star toronto native finally choosing toronto, it was the first move that started the disaster on all future moves. The offer should have been 9 max otherwise move on.

Reactions: geo25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->