Kyle Chipchurra - Out for season (ruptured Achilles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedinFan*

VO #23 said:
Apparently Chipchurra ruptured his Achilles tendon during practice this afternoon and will be having surgery right away. He's done for the year though.

Source: Prince Albert affiliate of CTV News

Oh that really, really blows.

CH Wizard

What a bad news.If he wouldn't be injure I am sure He would still be in the top 10 in points in the WHL at the end of the seasom.

TCB2004

Nov 29, 2004
Seven_Nation_Army said:
Radulov pick looking better after each day passes

Don't be so sure. A ruptured achilles will probably heal with time. A failure to bring your best every night is an illness that some players never shake. ;)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Seven_Nation_Army said:
like Kovalev? ;)

Where does Kovalev fit into all this? :troll: oh wait I know, troll.

As for Chips, hopefully he will be all right and make a full recovery.

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
owwwwwwwwwwwch.

I can't imagine how badly that had to hurt.
Actually according to Jon Jansen (Redskins O Linemen) it doesnt hurt at all. Since its a tendon and not a muscle...you dont really feel much pain just cant walk or skate for that matter.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
of course he doesn't because he's not a Canadien prospect :D :shakehead

Here we go again. you're just making yourself look bad. Fact is Kovalev is a prooven NHL All-Star who has finished a season in the NHL's top 10 scorers.

Radulov's been drafted 11th overall in a sub-average draft. Yeay. When he finishes in the top 10 in NHL scoring, then you will have a case.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
strungout said:
Actually according to Jon Jansen (Redskins O Linemen) it doesnt hurt at all. Since its a tendon and not a muscle...you dont really feel much pain just cant walk or skate for that matter.
Say that to my father.
3 month without working and his tendon still hurt him.
He broke his tendon the 29 of august this year.
Trust me, this **** hurt.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Coming from an anatomy buff I don't like the sound of this.

This is a pretty severe injury for a hockey player. All the main muscles in the calf insert on the achillies, then insert on the bottom heel of the foot (aka calcaneous). With a ruptured achilles tendon the ankle flexion (aka plantar flexion) is drastically reduced or even completly eliminated. As we all know this is a motion that hockey players depend on to "push off." Sure they can sew it back together but tendons are avascular (aren't supplied blood) so healing takes a lot of time and reoccuring injuries are likely.

I like Chipper and hope he recovers promptly. I was one of the guys who thought teams were nuts for letting him drop out of the top 10 but I guess the crystal ball was working that day. I'm not implying his career is over, far from it, but he is looking like a band-aid so far.

Any details on exactly what happened in practice? It's not easy to rupture a tendon, takes a lot of force.

thx

FlyersFan10*

TCB2004 said:
Don't be so sure. A ruptured achilles will probably heal with time. A failure to bring your best every night is an illness that some players never shake. ;)

Selanne was never the same player after the Achilles. His was severed. Don't kid yourself, that's a serious, serious injury.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
FlyersFan10 said:
Selanne was never the same player after the Achilles. His was severed. Don't kid yourself, that's a serious, serious injury.
Well at Chipchura's age it might heal and he can go back on the ice. This thread makes me cringe just reading everyone's experiences with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
espion said:
yes. like kovalev. then again, radulov does not have kovalev's skill.

alright, conceding that SNA's comment was perhaps a bit unnecessary\trollish in nature...you're not going to convince me or many that chipchura is a stronger prospect than radulov.

and by the way...I'm not sure where you're getting that Radulov doesn't "show up" every night, because even when he's not on the score sheet, he ALWAYS leads the Remparts in shots, and everything I've heard suggests just the opposite of what you said...that the thing that sometimes stunts him is that he tries TOO hard, rather than relaxing and letting it happen. And who are you to say that he doesn't have Kovalev's skill? Many think that Radulov was top 3 or 4(behind only the big ones) in skill, from last year's draft...and he certainly made an impression upon everyone at the QMJHL\Russia challenge game. Just because SNA made a somewhat questionable comment..is no reason to undermine a VERY solid prospect that might even have top scoring potential.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
nomorekids said:
alright, conceding that SNA's comment was perhaps a bit unnecessary\trollish in nature...you're not going to convince me or many that chipchura is a stronger prospect than radulov.

and by the way...I'm not sure where you're getting that Radulov doesn't "show up" every night, because even when he's not on the score sheet, he ALWAYS leads the Remparts in shots, and everything I've heard suggests just the opposite of what you said...that the thing that sometimes stunts him is that he tries TOO hard, rather than relaxing and letting it happen. And who are you to say that he doesn't have Kovalev's skill? Many think that Radulov was top 3 or 4(behind only the big ones) in skill, from last year's draft...and he certainly made an impression upon everyone at the QMJHL\Russia challenge game. Just because SNA made a somewhat questionable comment..is no reason to undermine a VERY solid prospect that might even have top scoring potential.

Radulov and Kovalev: not the same category. Kovalev scored a highlight reel goal at the World Cup. Radulov is at the WJC level. A fine prospect, I liker him plenty. But a slippery winger does not necessarily make an NHL superstar.

Give the kid some time before putting himin the same league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad