Kyle Chipchura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Hockey

Mar 4, 2004
Washington, Pa
King Henry I said:
I need some help on researching my mock draft:

In your opinion, who does Chipchura compare to in the NHL right now? And where would you put him on your draft board?

I've seen him play a few times this year, he is a well rounded player, except for his lack of scoring. He could end up being Mike Peca, or Mike Eastwood. All I can say, if I was a GM, I wouldn't take him in the top 15. I think someone might and than hope the scoring comes. I wouldn't bet on it, too much of a risk for me.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
Is his scoring touch underrated because his stats aren't there at the moment, or are his stats not there because he simply doesn't have enough touch?

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
What's happened to his game since the mid-season rankings? Something must have moved him down on peoples' lists, no?

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Flames Draft Watcher said:
One could argue that he should never have been that high on the CSB list...

Ok, why? From the sounds of it he has good speed, size, puck skills, and grit.

I'm not up on him or down on him, just curious. Is it his stats?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Wingboy2999 said:
Wow, less offensive skills? Ouch....

Let me put it this way - i think he'll put up the same kind of points a healthy Niedermayer would put up on his best season - around 50 points per.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Because his upside is not as high as some of the players who were ranked below him

Ok, well no offense, but isn't that basically saying the same thing as before? "He was overrated." I'm probably looking for information that won't ever be found here, so I'll just let it go and take the upside argument. Thanks for the responses, though. I appreciate it. ;)

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Because his upside is not as high as some of the players who were ranked below him

I don't agree. I think he's a little bit underrated because he hasn't put up aweinspiring stats. I don't see him as a great offensive thread, but I think he will be a very safe NHL pick, and that he has the potential to be a second liner who can put up about 60 points, while providing you with other things than offense.

Just my personal opinion. I've never seen him play, so don't put a whole lot of stock in my guesses.

Edit: Actually, I guess I do agree with you. His upside isn't as high as some other players, but I would still take him around 10-15.

AlterEgo

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Chipchura

I haven't seen Chipchura play since an Atoms tournament, I believe. At that time he was a head taller than everyone (with moustache!) on our team, could score from anywhere, stickhandled like a semi-pro, but maybe his speed wan't close to the rest of his game. Did any of this carry through to to the pre-draft Chipchura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad