Recalled/Assigned: Kyington and Lomberg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
He's in Stockton right now on a conditioning stint, not sure how many games he's gotten in there so far though.
Edit: Also unsure if they've brought him back up yet or not.
Yeah. As far as I know Prout is still in Stockton.. If the Flames had recalled him I'm positive they would have issued a press release. They haven't.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Domi would have turtled (he did against McCarthy at least)

Fleury wouldn't have dropped 'em to begin with. See: McCarthy.

Domi was one of the toughest guys in the league at the time. Sure he may have turtled a few times in his career, but he could more than hold his own with the best. We agree with the 2nd part.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Fleury fought more times than Draisaitl has or ever will. For someone who physically had to look up to everyone in the league he was damn feisty. Can't say that about Draisaitl. I doubt he's ever been in a scrap in his life... And for certain not in the WHL or NHL.

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Fleury fought more times than Draisaitl has or ever will. For someone who physically had to look up to everyone in the league he was damn feisty. Can't say that about Draisaitl. I doubt he's ever been in a scrap in his life... And for certain not in the WHL or NFL.

Oh, absolutely he was feisty. But he was more like Marchand/Burrows than a scrapper.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Oh, absolutely he was feisty. But he was more like Marchand/Burrows than a scrapper.

Hmm... those names maybe make sense in terms of pest game... Marchand for style maybe?

But physicality wise, I'm thinking something along the lines of Byron + Russell? Smaller guys who still muck it up, but do so selectively as their size puts them at a disadvantage to the average and over average sized NHL players? They can't do a head on wrestle, so they rely on their speed to do some effective physicality? (Memory is hazy)

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Hmm... those names maybe make sense in terms of pest game... Marchand for style maybe?

But physicality wise, I'm thinking something along the lines of Byron + Russell? Smaller guys who still muck it up, but do so selectively as their size puts them at a disadvantage to the average and over average sized NHL players? They can't do a head on wrestle, so they rely on their speed to do some effective physicality? (Memory is hazy)

I don't know....Theo was Theo..he was way more offensive than any of those guys, but also a loose cannon (especially towards then end).

Gumbyman2

Sep 12, 2018
So Kylington...Looked pretty damn good to me, gonna be interesting to see what we do on defense next year, cause this kid is gonna be an NHLer one way or another.
Yah, bit of connundrum time possibly? If Kylington gets more opportunity with the Flames and continues to impress, all the while that Vali and Anderssy keep improving, steady excellent play, I think TJ Brodie should be shopped for a goalie or more prospects/ picks. Flames do need to address RH shot D in near future too. (MStone may be done sooner than later?) Just some fore thought...?

Gumbyman2

Sep 12, 2018
If anything Kylington could become trade bait himself.
?possibly...but I think organization wise, we could do better for immediate and future wih a solid return trade on TJ Brodie, if Kylington continues to progress to NHL calibre ready.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I missed the beginning of it, but why was there a segment at tonight's game comparing Lomberg to Lord Farquad?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I missed the beginning of it, but why was there a segment at tonight's game comparing Lomberg to Lord Farquad?
ryan-lomberg-2019-43.jpg
ebc14d1b728f804a570cf10739151156

Reactions: Fig

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
?possibly...but I think organization wise, we could do better for immediate and future wih a solid return trade on TJ Brodie, if Kylington continues to progress to NHL calibre ready.

Then the Flames had better try Kylington at RD to see if he is effective. I don't think today's d-men are all plug and play, but your point is taken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad