Buffalo
Columbus
Montreal
Ottawa
San Jose
Seattle
Winnipeg

Maybe - Calgary and Detroit?

Does he get to change it year to year or is it one that he gives his list of 15 and they're the same until the end of the contract?

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
All Canadians. 4-5 teams from the bottom seedings. Then who knows the couple to add.

100% not on the list;

Teams from NY area
pens (caps would not trade anyways)
Vegas baby
Tampa & florida

Kuzy can make it very tough for Caps to trade him. leaning on a 3-way deal or two separate deals if it ever happens..

i like idea of Kuzy to Nashville -> Johansen to Detroit -> Larkin to Caps as a base and throw in picks and prospects to Detroit from both other teams involved :)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
All Canadians. 4-5 teams from the bottom seedings. Then who knows the couple to add.

100% not on the list;

Teams from NY area
Vegas baby
Tampa & florida

Kuzy can make it very tough for Caps to trade him. leaning on a 3-way deal or two separate deals if it ever happens..

i like idea of Kuzy to Nashville -> Johansen to Detroit -> Larkin to Caps as a base and throw in picks and prospects to Detroit from both other teams involved :)

Maybe we can just trade for Vrana back now that he's regained his scoring touch :D

/sarcasm

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

100% not on the list;

Teams from NY area
Vegas baby
Tampa & florida

We could throw in every prospect we have and the Red Wings still wouldn’t downgrade from Larkin to Johansen.

Reactions: HecticGlow

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If I had to guess

- Anaheim (on the fence about it)
- Arizona (joke team)
- Buffalo (hockey hell)
- Columbus (self explanatory)
- Detroit (sketchy AF)
- Minnesota (boring)
- Nashville (boring)
- Seattle (expansion team)
- All Canadian cities (wouldn’t be a fit for him)

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I blocked all the crappy teams, but maybe he doesn't care about that. Maybe he just wants nice weather and a nice city.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
We could throw in every prospect we have and the Red Wings still wouldn’t downgrade from Larkin to Johansen.

That might be true, obviously im just throwing ideas. Though Larkin has been scoring 50 point rate the last two seasons and is UFA in 3 years, so im not sure Wings wouldnt listen something while they are not really looking too competitive anytime soon. Johansen is propably too much of a reach though, didnt remember his contract is actually quite bad.

But thats just something creative, a 3 way deal like that. Most likely not exactly that..

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I crossed off all Canadian teams and the less "cosmopolitan" destinations.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
His 15 team list gets reduced to just 10 teams after next season.

I support Kuzy. I would want to know what he did before I tear him down. I'll think his relationship with the team is salvagable until then.

He is a part of the team. He is a member of the Caps family and has been for a long time. And he still has value on the ice.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I picked the worst 15 cities in terms of allowing access to drugs and safe injection sites. He clearly cares about his family so why would he go somewhere that won’t let him use in a safe manner?

I also picked all of the NY/NJ teams because why would he want to live somewhere where its residents are dying of COVID unnecessarily? There will likely be another pandemic in the near future and as a family man I bet that means anywhere in New York is going to be in his no trade list.

To recap, here is where I think he will reject a trade to:

ARI
BUF
CAR
CBJ
DAL
FLA
NSH
NJ
NYI
NYR
PHI
PIT
STL
TB
VGK

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA

I support Kuzy. I would want to know what he did before I tear him down. I'll think his relationship with the team is salvagable until then.

He is a part of the team. He is a member of the Caps family and has been for a long time. And he still has value on the ice.
I'm with you on this and I don't buy the Covid protocol thing. He must have really pissed off some people so I imagine whatever he did was pretty bad. Not just being late or going out to a bar in NYC or something. I'll wait to judge.

Reactions: tenken00

Jun 15, 2007
I picked the worst 15 cities in terms of allowing access to drugs and safe injection sites. He clearly cares about his family so why would he go somewhere that won’t let him use in a safe manner?

I also picked all of the NY/NJ teams because why would he want to live somewhere where its residents are dying of COVID unnecessarily? There will likely be another pandemic in the near future and as a family man I bet that means anywhere in New York is going to be in his no trade list.

To recap, here is where I think he will reject a trade to:

ARI
BUF
CAR
CBJ
DAL
FLA
NSH
NJ
NYI
NYR
PHI
PIT
STL
TB
VGK
Is this a joke?

Reactions: Langway

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

He is a part of the team. He is a member of the Caps family and has been for a long time
. And he still has value on the ice.

Only they aren't a "family", they're a professional sports franchise. One that has paid Kuznetsov 30 million dollars in exchange for his services.

In what other job do they give you tens of millions of dollars while you break professional codes of conduct repeatedly, and they don't shoot you out of a cannon into the f***ing sun?

Bye Kuzy.

Reactions: Kleefeld

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Only they aren't a "family", they're a professional sports franchise. One that has paid Kuznetsov 30 million dollars in exchange for his services.

In what other job do they give you tens of millions of dollars while you break professional codes of conduct repeatedly, and they don't shoot you out of a cannon into the f***ing sun?

Bye Kuzy.
Baseball star. Football star. Basketball star. TV star. Movie star.

Reactions: Bread4Life and HTFN

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Easy. If I'm in Kuznetsov's shoes...

I scratch off all Canadian teams except Montreal since Ovechkin loves Montreal and I'm taking that as evidence that it's a Russian thing. Then I'm scratching off the shitty organizations (Arizona, Buffalo, Columbus). Then I get rid of the places that I - as somebody who's never stepped foot in the United States - assume are boring places to live if I'm a rich athlete (Detroit, St. Louis, Carolina, Minnesota). Scratch off the places that have fanbases that are probably rude to Capitals players (Pittsburgh, Philadelphia). And there you have it.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Bye Kuzy.

The only thing we know for certain is that he was late to a team function and that he also landed on the COVID list. Even though we know there probably is more to the story, we don't know what it is or anything else definitively.

I'll reserve judgement until we know more, that is all I am saying. He could come out Game 1 and everything could be fine by then and all this talk about trades could be premature, I dont know.

I would like to know more, if not what the actual "crime" is, then at least what his teammates thinks.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Kuzy's 15 NTC teams:
Don't know, don't care

If GMBM's trying to move him I hope Kuzy waives his NTC to whatever team is interested

We don't know what the situation is, and whether it's salvageable or not to keep him

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Arizona
Buffalo
Calgary
Columbus
Detroit
Edmonton
Minnesota
Montreal
Nashville
New Jersey
Ottawa
Seattle
Toronto
Vancouver
Winnipeg

Those would be my guesses. If it was me though, I might leave some of the teams that are cap strapped off my list to better leverage my own situation.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Arizona
Buffalo
Calgary
Columbus
Detroit
Edmonton
Minnesota
Montreal
Nashville
New Jersey
Ottawa
Seattle
Toronto
Vancouver
Winnipeg

Those would be my guesses. If it was me though, I might leave some of the teams that are cap strapped off my list to better leverage my own situation.

Yeah Toronto for example wouldnt trade for Kuznetsov anyway and they are quite competetive so not the worst place to end up. Are we sure he wont go to any canadian teams? Montreal often have a lot of russians and playing with McD and Drai should be quite attractive. Minnesota with Kaprizov and a quite good team is also not the worst place. Overall I guess he cares most about location and less about how competetive the team is. As he dont really care that much about hockey according to hiself. So he might not have New Jersey on his list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad