Proposal: Kuznetsov to the Island

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
NYI gets: Kuznetsov

Caps get: Pageau, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st

NYI gets a dynamic offensive talent who reunites with the coach who brought out the best in him in Trotz. Caps get a serviceable middle-6 center, some cap relief and future assets. Could also swap out some of the picks for current prospects; not sure what NYI is working with there

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
If the Caps trade him, which seems probable, I would imagine they will explore all other options before they send him to a Patrick Division team. The other conference would be ideal.

Kuznetsov skated today and he came off the Covid list this evening. Ideally, he gets in game shape in another few days and starts playing again, puts up points, the Caps have a deep run, and the two sides find a way to bury the hatchet. You're not getting back equal value, so that's got to be the hope.

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
If the Caps trade him, which seems probable, I would imagine they will explore all other options before they send him to a Patrick Division team. The other conference would be ideal.

Kuznetsov skated today and he came off the Covid list this evening. Ideally, he gets in game shape in another few days and starts playing again, puts up points, the Caps have a deep run, and the two sides find a way to bury the hatchet. You're not getting back equal value, so that's got to be the hope.
True; but you’ve gotta remember he has a 15-team no trade clause. People who propose him going to Edmonton or Winnipeg aren’t paying attention

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
NYI just signed Pageau last year. Kuznetsov's talent in unquestioned, but he comes with some baggage..the type of baggage that an old school guy like Lou doesn't tend to like.

Why not take Bailey instead, no draft picks involved. Similar stats, defensively responsible, shorter contract...?

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
NYI just signed Pageau last year. Kuznetsov's talent in unquestioned, but he comes with some baggage..the type of baggage that an old school guy like Lou doesn't tend to like.

Why not take Bailey instead, no draft picks involved. Similar stats, defensively responsible, shorter contract...?
I think Caps would want a top-6 forward in return and we’re pretty set on the wings with Ovi, Wilson, Oshie and Mantha

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
NYI gets: Kuznetsov

Caps get: Pageau, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st

NYI gets a dynamic offensive talent who reunites with the coach who brought out the best in him in Trotz. Caps get a serviceable middle-6 center, some cap relief and future assets. Could also swap out some of the picks for current prospects; not sure what NYI is working with there
Why? Pageau is a big game player.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
3 way deal.

Islanders; Kuznetsov + Ari 3rd 2021
Capitals; Eichel
Sabres; Samsonov+Bailey or Nelson+Komarov+Kempny+Caps 1st 2022+Islanders 1st 2022+Caps 2nd 2021

Islanders; Bailey or Nelson+Komarov+1st for Kuznetsov+3rd
Sabres; Eichel for Bailey or Nelson+Samsonov+Komarov+Kempny+2x 1st+2nd
Caps; Kuznetsov+Samsonov+Kempny+1st+2nd+3rd for Eichel

Yeeeeah. Just kidding just kidding. Although..

ps. and yes, im going to crash in to every Kuznetsov-related trade topic with another stupid 3-way-deal proposal.

Last edited:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Lou isn't trading Pageau, lets just close this before it goes any longer. Lou will however get someone to take Ladd, Hickey, Clutterbuck and Boychuk's contract for picks by being Lou.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Caphit alone makes this highly problematic for the Islanders who need to shed salary to re-sign RFAs this summer, rather than add salary. That said, even ignoring contracts, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Lou values Pageau on the ice much closer to Kuznetsov than a 1st and 2nd being added would mean.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Lou isn't trading Pageau, lets just close this before it goes any longer. Lou will however get someone to take Ladd, Hickey, Clutterbuck and Boychuk's contract for picks by being Lou.
With only 1 yr left on Hickey and Clutterbuck's contracts,I could see Lou moving them for picks,but Boychuk will still have 1 yr/LTIR left,so why bother using a pick to dump him?

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Caphit alone makes this highly problematic for the Islanders who need to shed salary to re-sign RFAs this summer, rather than add salary. That said, even ignoring contracts, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Lou values Pageau on the ice much closer to Kuznetsov than a 1st and 2nd being added would mean.

Are they going to resign Palemeri?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
With only 1 yr left on Hickey and Clutterbuck's contracts,I could see Lou moving them for picks,but Boychuk will still have 1 yr/LTIR left,so why bother using a pick to dump him?
It was more so that Lou isn’t trading JGP (out of all guys) for Kuznetzov. He’ll probably turn someone into picks at the draft/expansion draft.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It was more so that Lou isn’t trading JGP (out of all guys) for Kuznetzov. He’ll probably turn someone into picks at the draft/expansion draft.

I agree that Lou & Trotz love Pags and would try to move other assets instead of him.

But, the isles weak prospect pool and upcoming cap crunch leaves them unlikely to in on a trade, for a highly paid star.
Even if they move say Leddy or Mayfield for picks,those picks need to be attached to Hickey & Uncle Leo cap dumps.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I agree that Lou & Trotz love Pags and would try to move other assets instead of him.

But, the isles weak prospect pool and upcoming cap crunch leaves them unlikely to in on a trade, for a highly paid star.
Even if they move say Leddy or Mayfield for picks,those picks need to be attached to Hickey & Uncle Leo cap dumps.
They may need to recoup the picks but not at the cost of Pageau. I’d rather see Brock get moved, and fill in the gaps from within for the year with Pageau sliding up to the 2c spot. Replace Uncle Leo with Cal in that last sentence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->