Value of: Kuznetsov to Minnesota

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Point still stands. For all the “great” players the Wild have historically had, it’s all added up to the same pile you’ve chosen to die on here. We get it the Caps are worse than the Wild, the Caps DCore is atrocious, Schultz is a replacement player yet here we are the Caps are 2nd in a Murderers Row of a Division while the Wild are 6th in one of the worst Divisions in hockey. I guess it is what it is.

You’re also 4th in points % in your division while we’re 3rd in ours, and “murderer’s row” is being used a bit liberally here.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think, he could be good with Kaprizov, and I doubt Washington is a serious contender anytime soon. They actually need a rebuild, but with Ovi still there, it's a hard task. Still, Capitals should think about it.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Washington is second best in the East right now. They aren't giving Kuznetzov away.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
might wanna take games played into the equation of that one....
Over the past 2+ seasons the Wild have finished no higher than 6th in their Division, coincidentally exactly where they are today. Over the same time the Capitals have finished no worse than 1st in their Division, coincidentally quite close to.....

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
43 or 44 seasons before winning a stanley cup, and we are getting talked to about not winning after 20 :rolleyes:
I get it, you’re one of those that don’t think the Minnesota North Stars were ever a thing. Where’s your Father, let me talk to him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Let’s talk about that when you get there, if we’re still around.

Franchise leaves Minnesota, wins Cup. Returns, wins....

Well, our new franchise iteration is only about halfway to the amount of time it took yours, so you’re right, some of us might not still be around.

It’s funny how much smarter people feel when a bunch of people they don’t know succeed at something that they had no part of achieving themselves.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Over the past 2+ seasons the Wild have finished no higher than 6th in their Division, coincidentally exactly where they are today. Over the same time the Capitals have finished no worse than 1st in their Division, coincidentally quite close to.....

might wanna remove that plus sign... Also central division is the strongest division in the league... :rolleyes:

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Point still stands. For all the “great” players the Wild have historically had, it’s all added up to the same pile you’ve chosen to die on here. We get it the Caps are worse than the Wild, the Caps DCore is atrocious, Schultz is a replacement player yet here we are the Caps are 2nd in a Murderers Row of a Division while the Wild are 6th in one of the worst Divisions in hockey. I guess it is what it is.

You are sensationalizing nearly every post in this thread.

Nobody said the Wild were a better team, somebody simply pointed out how the Caps and Wilds point percentages are close. That was literally it and it was taken as shots fired. Speaking of point percentage, the Wild are 3rd in the West, but conveniently that was omitted from your analysis. The Caps defense is below average metrically, and their goaltending may be the biggest reason why, we as Minnesota fans get this more than most after last season. And just because I said Matt Dumba was better than Justin Schultz (He is,) does not mean anybody said he is replacement level player.

We understand Dumba isn't the Defensemen you want, fine.

Reactions: MuckOG

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Well, our new franchise iteration is only about halfway to the amount of time it took yours, so you’re right, some of us might not still be around.

It’s funny how much smarter people feel when a bunch of people they don’t know succeed at something that they had no part of achieving themselves.
This post makes me think I like you.
But then what does that make You and I?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
might wanna remove that plus sign... Also central division is the strongest division in the league... :rolleyes:
For the last Two Plus Seasons
18-19
19-20
20-21* to-date, thus 2+.

Just Curious, where does the West Division rank among the strength of the League?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You are sensationalizing nearly every post in this thread.

Nobody said the Wild were a better team, somebody simply pointed out how the Caps and Wilds point percentages are close. That was literally it and it was taken as shots fired. Speaking of point percentage, the Wild are 3rd in the West, but conveniently that was omitted from your analysis. The Caps defense is below average metrically, and their goaltending may be the biggest reason why, we as Minnesota fans get this more than most after last season. And just because I said Matt Dumba was better than Justin Schultz (He is,) does not mean anybody said he is replacement level player.

We understand Dumba isn't the Defensemen you want, fine.
I wonder if the Wild’s PT% might have to do with Strength-of-Schedule, since now is the time we’ve decided context is important.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Was just looking at Kuznetsov's contract just before seeing this thread out of curiosity to see what he makes. He seems like he is paid fairly for his production. This is without watching him very much. I guess the question to caps fans is whether he is still valuable at his price point or would getting value for him now be better than waiting. Because I'd imagine his highest value is right now at 28 years old.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
For the last Two Plus Seasons
18-19
19-20
20-21* to-date, thus 2+.

Just Curious, where does the West Division rank among the strength of the League?

Past tense, does not equal present.... might want to brush up on your english.

since youre adament on throwing stones, if we wanna talk about true failure as a franchise? Youve had arguably the best goal scorer since gretzky on your roster how many years? and managed a whopping 1 stanley cup... congrats

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Past tense, does not equal present.... might want to brush up on your english.
Considering 1/4 of the season has already been played, I think we can comfortably say 2+. The Wild have factually been 6th place or worst for the past 2 seasons. They are currently in 6th place 1/4 of the way through this season = they have been no higher than 6th in their division for more than the Past Two seasons. Maybe stop huffing glue.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think the Capitals would target Dumba in exchange for Kuznetsov, but I also think their defense is pretty bad overall. It's not nearly as bad as someone like Detroit on paper, but they're paying a lot of money for it and I don't think they're getting that great of value out of it. Carlson is obviously elite and I think Orlov is solid, but it gets real questionable after that. It seems like the Capitals defense is Carlson, Orlov and a bunch of guys who are ideally a #5D on your team.

The reason they wouldn't target Dumba is because they already have Carlson and Schultz that provide what Dumba provides. Schultz is definitely not better than Dumba, but they can't just magically make him disappear if they acquire Dumba. I also think the Capitals can likely do better than Kuznetsov for Dumba anyway.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Considering 1/4 of the season has already been played, I think we can comfortably say 2+. The Wild have factually been 6th place or worst for the past 2 seasons. They are currently in 6th place 1/4 of the way through this season = they have been no higher than 6th in their division for more than the Past Two seasons. Maybe stop huffing glue.

youve let in 25 more goals, and won the same amount of games while playing 3 more, are a minus 3 in goal differential as a team in a "murderers row" of a division which also houses the devils, a really bad rangers team this year, and perennial lottery team in buffalo... All while claiming im huffing glue. k bud....

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
youve let in 25 more goals, and won the same amount of games while playing 3 more, are a minus 3 in goal differential as a team in a "murderers row" of a division which also houses the devils, a really bad rangers team this year, and perennial lottery team in buffalo... All while claiming im huffing glue. k bud....
Win the games you play that’s all teams can do right now and demonstrably the Capitals are doing a better job of that than the Wild. It’s unquestionable.

I don’t care about the goal differential, you cannot compare teams by goal differential when each team is only facing 1/4 of the League. If you’re so caught up on the GP argument, the Capitals have 4more PTs while having played 3 more games. Meaning to match that record the Wild would need to win 2 of their next 3 games. For a team that’s 9-6 and 5-5 in their last 10, that’s far from a foregone conclusion and the Math doesn’t support it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad